My Acer laptop won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddie2001

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
I have had a Acer Aspire 1 for just about a year now and my mom did something to it so now when I go to turn it on it shows a screen that says Acer explore beyond limits then it turns to a black screen but you can tell the light is on then it shuts off and repeats. How do I fix it? I don't care if I lose all of my information or anything I just want it to work agian!!!

Solution
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here...
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Another version of this is the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. When screen turns black, hit F10 and ALT repeatedly until the computer shuts off.
4. You shouTo fix the computer you should choose the second option listed.
5. When the next screen loads, choose the option "Reset Device".
6. Now choose which ever type of reset you wish.
7. Your coputer should now restore itself to "Factory Settings".

NOTE: If you get a message saying "Error Resetting Device", then you should have the computer looked at by the manufacturer (if still under warranty) or by a tech.

Solution

Cloudy1

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
EDIT: WHAT webworkings SAID (TOO QUICK) :)

Model number/ service tag / any other identifying information from the bottom of the machine please?

Operating System?

Operating System that came with the machine or upgraded? (Example: came with Windows 8.1 and you free upgraded to Windows 10)

Usually these can be factory reset to out-of-box state (like the day you first turned it on) using the inbuilt recovery partition which can be accessed (again usually) by fully powering down -> power on -> quickly hold left Alt key and repeatedly tap F10 at same time -> follow on screen instructions to Factory Restore/Reset

Might be an idea to provide the information I have questioned first to be sure it will work (or at least should work if no other major problems and the Recovery Partition has not been wiped).

Cheers

whiteangelcl

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017

Good Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.