[SOLVED] My Acer Nitro 5 won't power on, no charger light after shutting down randomly

vincentdebacayan

Commendable
Jan 1, 2018
My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 just stopped suddenly while i was watching netflix, the screen turned off, audio cut, and this was while i was charging. The two lights by the charger was still on, one for power and the other to indicate if its charging or not. I unplugged the charger yet the charging light was still on. I took out its battery and no more lights, no more lights, and i put it back thinking everything would be normal, then it wouldnt power on.

I tried plugging in the charger, no light. I tried to hold the battery discharge button for 30 seconds with the battery on, then plugged in the charger, no light. Afterwards i tried holding the discharge button with no battery, nothing again. I dont know what else i could try, maybe just wait for it?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Solution
  1. remove power cable and try to only boot with main battery connected , does it work without power cable? if not then below
  2. look for shorted external ports, for example USB and Power jack (where you plugin power cable), use flashlight to see those look fine, also check power cable connector that its not broken. Obviously try to remove all external connectors like usb/hdmi etc to see if this causes the issue, then check the ports.
  3. correct way to try discharge is remove main battery and power cable, then press 45seconds power button continuously, then plugin power cable back and try to boot
  1. remove power cable and try to only boot with main battery connected , does it work without power cable? if not then below
  2. look for shorted external ports, for example USB and Power jack (where you plugin power cable), use flashlight to see those look fine, also check power cable connector that its not broken. Obviously try to remove all external connectors like usb/hdmi etc to see if this causes the issue, then check the ports.
  3. correct way to try discharge is remove main battery and power cable, then press 45seconds power button continuously, then plugin power cable back and try to boot

Solution

TRENDING THREADS