My Alienware Aurora R7 left panel doesn’t fit tightly to center panel

omenrip

Prominent
Mar 31, 2018
I opened my left panel about 3 times since I got my R7 in March 2018. The last time I tried to close it “with a click” as the Dell manual says, it won’t lock. No matter hard I pushed the top of the case (and yes I had the feet of the panel in their slots), the left panel wouldn’t “click” or lock. It would just pop back out and the panel would fall out.

After about out an hour of this I finally pulled the black panel unlock hAnsley as hard as I can, pushed the top of the case in, then released the handle and tightened the screw as hard as I could. This kept the panel on, although for how long I don’t know. Since there is a small gap on the top edge of the panel where the panel meets the top piece, I think a little pressure with my fingernail in that gap would pop it off again.

Previously, I had no problems easily locking the left panel in. In fact, I didn’t even use the screw on the handle.

Anyone have clues why the left panel won’t snap into place like the Alienware videos show. I’m afraid to open the case again since I might never get the left panel on again without big rubber bands.

Michael

omenrip

Prominent
Mar 31, 2018
Finally fixed the panel. There is a piece of metal from the chassis that “pushes” against the left panel when you close it. When I looked at it closely, that “pusher” was out too far, keeping the door from closing tight. I just bent the pin closer to the chassis and problem’s solved! All my grief caused by a lousy chassis pin!