[SOLVED] My AMD RX570 reached 86 Degrees Celsius when I was playing some PC games

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
My AMD card is more than two years old and never cleaned the thermal paste. I am using 4x120mm fans with 1x1000 rpm, 1x1200 rpm, and 2x2,000 rpms fans respectively. My graphics card has reached up to 86 degrees Celsius while playing 3D aim trainer on Steam. I usually dont have temperature problems because I play on V-Sync but this time on Aim Trainer, I wasn't using V-Sync. I played for about 5-8 minutes then after realizing my graphics card is overheating up to 86-87 degrees C. I took a photo before I turned off the program and shutdown my computer. What should I do? Also, can this temp damage the computer especially the graphics card?

My PC Specifications are shown below:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 with stock cooler
MSI Armor OC RX570 8GB card
Gigabyte DS3H-B450
16GB ADATA XPG 2400 mHz DDR4 RAM
Crucial MX500
7200 RPM WD Blue HDD
4x120mm fans
Silverstone CPF04 Fan Hub/Extension
Thermaltake H15 case

Solution
Max temp is 90°C and shut down 94°C so it is not cooking yet but start by cleaning the cooler on the card with compressed air before even trying for new paste.
MSI Armor models are pretty well known for having poor coolers compared to the competition.

86-87c will not damage your card. The card should throttle and then shut down (if it gets bad enough) before any damage would occur from overheating.

Replacing the thermal paste may help lower temps.

Max temp is 90°C and shut down 94°C so it is not cooking yet but start by cleaning the cooler on the card with compressed air before even trying for new paste.
This is most certainly the resolution.

OP on top of this rather than compressed air... actually remove the fans from the heatsink then spray it down with water after you clean off the thermal paste...
use a damp ram to remove the dust from the fans

Remove the paste from the gpu die and heatsink then add more. You'll hear me told I'm wrong but CM mx4 is plenty fine, this isn't an overclocking card