My Assus Gtx 1050 ti keeps high clocks rates(full load) after end a game.

Paulo_18

Prominent
May 31, 2017
Hi, I'm new here and sorry my English.
I bought a ASUS EXPEDITION GTX 1050 Ti and after played COH2, for a hour a start to notice that the card remained in high activity, even after finishing the game, and for more than half an hour, the temperature remains in 62/64 Celsius, the fans in 830rpm and as I used CPUid I saw that the GPU remains in 89% activity, I mean the clocks still working at high frequency. This seems weird, mainly because it made a bit high noise, and I see a very diffuse waves in blank screens, when I restart the computer, the temperature and fans backs to idle and 40 Celsius. Thank for reading this.

Solution
what happens if you "alt+tab" to the desktop while gaming? Does it downclock?

Any tuning tools installed like afterburner, gpu Tweak,...
I am sure that if someone knew a possible answer, would have given it.
I will be taking a shot though.
Did you use DDU installing your drivers? Do you have anything running in the background? How long do you have this card? When did the problem occured, lately or from the start?

Paulo_18

Prominent
May 31, 2017
Tanks for the ANSWER. I replace my old ATI 7850,who brokes, by this 1050,and the first time I turn the PC on I find weird the silence, I don't even knew that new cards don't spin until reach a certain temperature.
I just uninstal the old drives and replace by Nvidia ones, and as I only use my computer to play games and turn it of after the game ends I never noticed that the card remains at 66 Celsius and with Gpu loaded by several minutes.
If I restart the computer it remains silence and idle, the temperature never goes up, only when I saw movies or play games.
The point is, some people said that 66 Celsius are fine, but I fond weird why the card don't "calm down" after it.
My solution, for now, is restart the PC after the game, the noise isn't that loud, the fans spin at 850rpm,but I like the silence.

Sorry again, it's horrible to try understand a non English born speaker..

Use DDU uninstaller to delete all graphics drivers and do not just uninstall the drivers
reinstall the nvidia driver from nvidia.com

a bios update of the motherboard can help sometimes to get a better compatibility (don´t flash in windows, get into Bios and use the flash tool there with a usb flash drive and the BIOS file on it)

Paulo_18

Prominent
May 31, 2017

i did it and the things remain the same,after the game the card dont "cool down".

Paulo_18

Prominent
May 31, 2017
@dotas It's a 600watts one, I will open the case to see the model, have three years old at least

@Helpstar I never saw the temperature over 70 Celsius, if I put the fan at 40% before start the game, after one hour never passes the 60 Celsius.
The point is, after finish planning a game, the gpu core speed remains at 1770+- MHz. As I usually turn the computer of after play I can't tell exactly if it happens recently or when I replace the grafic card.
I have a AMD X6 1055t and they reach 55/60 Celsius after the game, I also Vê 8gb ram.

PS. I have a hdmi÷vga adapter..., I have to buy it.

Paulo_18

Prominent
May 31, 2017
After all video or games, just don't understand why the Gpu don't go back to the initial 200 MHz, it remains at 1771 MHz for at least 10 minutes, then go to 1300 MHz,and I don't wait much more to see if ir down even more.

Paulo_18

Prominent
May 31, 2017
I had the Assus tweak 2 and replace it by EVGA, I think, during the game the things seems natural, with up and downs, but when I'm out it maintains the core high.