[SOLVED] My Asus all-in-one desktop freezes for just a second virtually every other second.

Sep 6, 2021
When my relative died I acquired his Asus all-in-one and it worked fine. It had been a Windows 8 but it had been upgraded to Windows 10. When I reset the pc so that I could install my own profile i found that it would freeze every other second. This would also happen when I watched a Youtube video although this problem did not affect the sound on the video.

Solution
having fun finding the AIO, the codes don't seem to match up.

since it doesn't happen in safe mode, it could either be hardware that works fine in safe mode or drivers. We will go with 2nd option first, but I need to work out what you have.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)
When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Which model Asus All in One?

Does it happen in safe mode?

1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose startup options
  7. click the restart button
  8. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  9. Pc will restart and load safe mode

Sep 6, 2021
Hi Colif, thanks for this. It is an ASUS all-in-one AiO series, 5308. I followed your instructions and in Safe Mode the problem is eliminated. Needless to say that when back in full mode the problem is still there.

Colif

Win 11 Master
having fun finding the AIO, the codes don't seem to match up.

since it doesn't happen in safe mode, it could either be hardware that works fine in safe mode or drivers. We will go with 2nd option first, but I need to work out what you have.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)
When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

Solution