Question My Asus display is unable to go up to 75hz for some reason.

Jul 11, 2020
Hello,

I have a gtx 1060 3gb GPU with a i7-4790 CPU and I'm currently using two monitors.

The first monitor is Samsung S27R750Q that I connect using HDMI can change the setting to 144hz so I know my gpu output can support the 144hz.

The second monitor is the ASUS VA24EHE that can goes up to 75hz but for some reason does not have that option. I am connecting using DVI to DVI. The monitor can get up to 75hz when I connect it to my laptop using HDMI (which I also did try to connect to my PC using HDMI) but for some reason doesn't have the same option when I connect it to my pc. My laptop has gtx 1060ti

I tried to manually force override in the nvidia control panel and it just cause the monitor to turn black with the word "out of range" on it.

Any help or possible diagnosis on this?

Sounds like you're on a single link DVI.
dvi-connection-types.svg.png

I have this issue on my HP 24f which is able to display 75Hz yet my card still only pushes out exactly 60FPS, no higher, no less. I have something called Intel control panel from when I used to have integrated graphics, and it lets me switch the monitor refresh rate directly. Since we both have Nvidia cards now, I think you have to go in Nvidia control panel and mess with the display settings. It should be in the program somewhere. Also, if you have a menu on your monitor (usually controllable with buttons) then sometimes you can change the refresh rate in the monitor menu. Hope this helps!

Jul 11, 2020
Sounds like you're on a single link DVI.

I'm using the DVI-D single link. Also, the fact that if I connect this monitor through HDMI to my laptop, I was able to get to 75hz but when I connect the same monitor using the same cable into my PC, it just doesn't work.

I have this issue on my HP 24f which is able to display 75Hz yet my card still only pushes out exactly 60FPS, no higher, no less. I have something called Intel control panel from when I used to have integrated graphics, and it lets me switch the monitor refresh rate directly. Since we both have Nvidia cards now, I think you have to go in Nvidia control panel and mess with the display settings. It should be in the program somewhere. Also, if you have a menu on your monitor (usually controllable with buttons) then sometimes you can change the refresh rate in the monitor menu. Hope this helps!

View: https://i.imgur.com/HLVzC6l.png

I did try to change it in the control panel and it doesn't work. I also tried the customize option there to manually input 75hz but that display an out of range message on the monitor. And the OSD menu doesn't seem to have that option to change the refresh rate.

I read that it potentially the syncing issue of my graphic card and the monitor but that didn't quite make sense to me because if the monitor doesn't support syncing, wouldn't it just not turn on in the first place?

TRENDING THREADS