[SOLVED] my asus gtx 1070 is getting too hot

tHuser123

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
hi my asus gtx 1070 8gb duel series graphics card is getting too hot. playing a game on max settings i get to 76-79c. i want it to run cooler. when i check specification for my card it shows the base clock is 1582 MHz. but when i play a game the core clock gets to around 1900 MHz. and its making my card run too hot. is my gpu overclocked? how to fix this overheating problem?

specs
i5 8600k 3.6 - 4.2 GHz
16gb ram
Asus GTX 1070 Duel series
EVGA 600B 600w PSU
Windows 10 home 64bit

Solution
76-79 is not a very high temp value. It's still within safe limits. Those are normal TEMP values. Despite your GPU being slightly overclocked, it will boost higher than the advertised specs. This is because of the GPU Boost feature from Nvidia.

Try to make a custom fan profile via the MSI afterburner tool, if you are worried about the GPU temp value. Check the airflow inside your ATX cabinet.
76-79 is not a very high temp value. It's still within safe limits. Those are normal TEMP values. Despite your GPU being slightly overclocked, it will boost higher than the advertised specs. This is because of the GPU Boost feature from Nvidia.

Try to make a custom fan profile via the MSI afterburner tool, if you are worried about the GPU temp value. Check the airflow inside your ATX cabinet.

Solution

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
I mean arguably thats a pretty normal load temp, most gpus under load with air cooling are expected to sit in the 70-80 degrees range. Most cards have a threshold of 95 to 105 degrees before they will shut down for safety reasons. As i understand that card has a prebuilt load OC that hightens the clock speed underload. Whilst you could download a gpu OC software and manually set it, i wouldnt be overly concerned about those load temps. If you go and run a GPU stress test for an hour and it goes into the mid 80s then id suggest removing it cleaning it with compressed air, cleaning your case filters, and making sure yo have a correct airflow for the case.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Those temps aren't dangerous. GPU boost 3.0 will automatically increase or decrease clocks based on temps and power.

It seems that temp is normal for that card it doesn't have the greatest cooler in the world.

Temperature_1.jpg
`