[SOLVED] My Asus laptop will not install windows 1903

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
My Asus F450B will not install windows 1903 my first attempt when as far as restart your computer which I did but it still had the old version tried again this time it started to install ,got so far and then came up with "Undoing changes to your PC " Is it worth the trouble to upgrade?

Solution
I get those kind of problems only at All-in-One computers - especially with Lenovo computers...

Guessing that you computer isn't compatible for that kind of update ... YET
You'll just have to wait to the next update ...

I had a problem with Microsoft Store that didn't load and I couldn't open it at all.
and even connected a Microsoft representative to my computer for assist . and nothing
they couldn't find the problem.

all the other computers worked fine - but this was an All-in-one computer by the disgusting company named : HP

but after an automatic update - Microsoft fixed that issue
and no one knew what was the problem
guessing the type of the computer + the version of Microsoft Store got you in to this mess.

i'm guessing...

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
What version are you currently running?

I can't say that you must upgrade to 1903, per se, but you are going to have to keep updating as Feature Updates progress. Version 1803 is about to go out of support in November. Version 1809 will go through spring of next year.

Before attempting to update again, I would definitely try:

Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

If you did not use the "ISO Method" to do the update you might want to try going that route:

Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

If that doesn't work, you may have to resort, at some point in the future, to doing a completely clean reinstall if you cannot get ongoing Feature Updates to install. It has been my observation that most machines that refuse to apply feature updates have some sort of issue with the existing Windows 10 installation that can only be cured by doing a clean reinstall.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If running SFC or DISM "only lasts a few seconds" then you are either doing something very, very wrong or something is very, very wrong with your system.

The same is true of doing a repair install.

None of the above are quick.

I know how these things work because I've done both more times than I can count. I also know that they are not "fast" by any means. Follow the instructions to the letter.

mickycond86

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I get those kind of problems only at All-in-One computers - especially with Lenovo computers...

Guessing that you computer isn't compatible for that kind of update ... YET
You'll just have to wait to the next update ...

I had a problem with Microsoft Store that didn't load and I couldn't open it at all.
and even connected a Microsoft representative to my computer for assist . and nothing
they couldn't find the problem.

all the other computers worked fine - but this was an All-in-one computer by the disgusting company named : HP

but after an automatic update - Microsoft fixed that issue
and no one knew what was the problem
guessing the type of the computer + the version of Microsoft Store got you in to this mess.

i'm guessing you'll just have to be patient
and soon you'll get an update for your system

Solution

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I am still unable to up date my laptop and now Microsoft say they will stop supporting 1809 after May!!!!!!!!!

how can they just stop support when you can't update your version they should not be able to do that .
I have left them that much feedback about the problem still not fixed.
What would happen if I download version 1909 as an ISO and try to install it that way?

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
well I have tried to reset my laptop and it will ,not even do that I did plan on doing a reset and then try to update that idea has bit the dust.
So I am totally at a loss what to do now .If I format the harddrive what is the best way to go about reinstalling Windows 10 1909?and will I lose my activation code?