Question My Asus laptop won't turn on! When it does, it stays on and then shuts down again!

Jul 9, 2019
Hey guys, I'm new here. Lemme get straight to the problem. My laptop is the Asus X541. I was using it 2 days ago and the display went black and the laptop turned off. This has happened to me once before, but luckily somehow it booted into Automatic Repair and fixed itself a month ago. But this time, it did go into Automatic Repair once, only to stay on for a couple of minutes at the desktop and then switch off again. Sometimes I do get to the Asus logo and then shuts off, otherwise the display doesn't even switch on, I mean, it just stays that way. I did try to remove the battery ( found that on YouTube), but model has this battery with two cells attached to one side of it and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to remove it. The 30 seconds power button thing didn't work, I even tried holding it for a whole minute. What happens is when I start holding, the power LED comes on for a second and then goes off and I continue to hold for 30 or 60 seconds, and then I let go, nothing happens, I then press the power button once, but the display doesn't turn on or it turns on, only to crash again in a few seconds. It's only been one year and two months since I bought this, but it's still outside the warranty period. Any help would be greatly appreciated... I got a lotta stuff in there, please help...

From what you tried, could be a bad motherboard. Contact ASUS support even if it's out of warranty and see what they say. You can still get your files out of the drive even if laptop is bad by using an external drive enclosure. Next time keep backups of your files on another drive and/or cloud storage.