Question My asus laptop ' zenbook 13 UX331UAL-EG058T' gets suddenly stuck.

Feb 20, 2022
My asus laptop ' zenbook 13 UX331UAL-EG058T' gets suddenly stuck. Earlier it used to do it once or twice in a week but now it gets stuck everytime and i m not able to anything on it. I noticed that if i use laptop regularly it does not come but when i put laptop off for lets say more than 20-30 days it shows this problem. Infact this problem first started to show when i turned on my laptop after 6 months. Bought on july 2019. Never cleaned. Bios up to date. It started 4-5 months back. Also i thought that this may be due to moisture in laptop due to sitting idle for many days so i put it in sunlight and the problem frequency was reduced. It went away entirely for a month before coming back again after putting it off for 10-15 days. I have done it only one time. Will try it again but i need a permanent fix. Note that whole laptop gets hang and not just screen as i was watching youtube and audio stopped. Pics and laptop information attached to drive link below. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Laptop information and sticking pics.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, your OS is pending updates. Secondly, the artifacting issue you see is either due to corrupt drivers for the GPU or the chipset or your OS. This leads me to ask, where did you source the installer for the OS from?

Feb 20, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, your OS is pending updates. Secondly, the artifacting issue you see is either due to corrupt drivers for the GPU or the chipset or your OS. This leads me to ask, where did you source the installer for the OS from?
There is no gpu other than integrated intel one. Windows came with laptop. I never reinstalled it. I will try to update it if laptop allows me. I think drivers are up to date as checked with intel update assistant few days ago. Also it sometimes freezes during booting screen(image added)? Does drivers play role during booting ? Should i reinstall windows or try to uninstall and then reinstall drivers? Btw thx for fast response.

Feb 20, 2022
There is no gpu other than integrated intel one. Windows came with laptop. I never reinstalled it. I will try to update it if laptop allows me. I think drivers are up to date as checked with intel update assistant few days ago. Also it sometimes freezes during booting screen(image added)? Does drivers play role during booting ? Should i reinstall windows or try to uninstall and then reinstall drivers? Btw thx for fast response.
Also got stuck during updating windows.

Feb 20, 2022
I clean reinstalled windows with latest iso from microsoft website and the problem is not solved. Windows installed smoothly but laptop froze after ' welcome' screen after showing artifacting. Image and video added to the drive link. Also fan is spinning loudly after freezing. Any idea?
I noted that in bios my idle cpu temp is 70-75°C. It is abnormal? Do i need to clean my laptop? Image addedLaptop information and sticking pics.

Last edited: