Question My Asus X553MA Notebook PC Laptop is not booting

Apr 13, 2019
I changed my windows 8.1 pro laptop GPD HDD from GPT to MBR by using MiniTool partition manager. But its showning an error that

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The application or operating system couldnt be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File:\Windows\system32\winload.efi
Error code:0xc000000e

Youll need to use recovery tools. If you dont have any....

Press Enter to try again
Press F1 to enter Revovery environment
Press F8 for startup settings
Press Esc for UEFI Firmware settings

Please help me with this issue and i dont want to lost my data

You should not lose your data because before making drive changes like this, you should have made a backup of your files. If not, that was a really bad idea to do.

Go into the BIOS, see what the drive options are, you may need to change it form AHCI to ATA or possibly enable or disable secure boot. Really depends on how it was setup in the first place.

If that does not work I would take out the drive and copy your files to another system using a USB enclosure, hopefully the file system is still OK on the drive and you can get to the files. Once the files are copied, run a Windows repair to see if that works. If not, do a clean setup of Windows.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
You can try changing it back to GPT using DISKPART. You'll need to boot into a recovery environment and go through command line. Even if that doesn't work, you'll need GPT to reinstall Windows.

A SATA-to-USB adapter should allow you to connect your drive to another computer and backup your data.