[SOLVED] My battery is draining too fast ....

Oct 19, 2019
So i upgraded my hp laptop from 500gb hdd to 500 gb ssd and increased from 4 to 12 gb ram. When i did this my laptop was more than a year old. About 4 months later my battery died so i bought a replacement battery according to my model no. and serial no. but i didnt account for increase in specs the replacement was working fine until 6 months later which is now it suddenly started draining my battery in 15 minutes. I dont know why it suddenly started draining. can anyone help me out.

Solution
Did you buy a genuine HP battery or a 3rd party battery? The quality of 3rd party laptop batteries is terrible in my experience.

By adding an SSD and increasing RAM I’d expect to see better battery life. SSD’s are far more efficient than a HDD and having more RAM should reduce the caching between RAM and main drive.
Did you buy a genuine HP battery or a 3rd party battery? The quality of 3rd party laptop batteries is terrible in my experience.

By adding an SSD and increasing RAM I’d expect to see better battery life. SSD’s are far more efficient than a HDD and having more RAM should reduce the caching between RAM and main drive.

Solution
Oct 19, 2019
It was not an orignial hp product but the battery was compatible with my laptop.
Also after changing specs within 5-6 months battery died. And then i replace it which was working perfeclty fine but from a week ago it suddenly started draining full battery in 15 minutes

It was not an orignial hp product but the battery was compatible with my laptop.
Also after changing specs within 5-6 months battery died. And then i replace it which was working perfeclty fine but from a week ago it suddenly started draining full battery in 15 minutes
My experience of 3rd party batteries is they are a waste of money. They are a false economy as they just don’t last. This sounds like the typical behaviour of 3rd party batteries.

Oct 19, 2019
So if I'm going to buy a new battery should i buy a original hp battery according to my model no. and serial no. or should i buy some other battery cause i upgraded my specs. If its a different one pls specify.