My beast

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tyzaling

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
this is my beast cost 3k all up
CPU : i7 930 @4.2ghz
Memory : Corsair 12GB Dominator DDR3 (1600MHz)
solid state drive: Corsair Reactor 60GB SSD
Power Supply : Corsair 1200watt Truepower
CPU cooling : Corsair H50 High-performance CPU Cooler
RAM Cooling : Corsair DOMINATOR Airflow Fan for Triple Kit DDR3
Hard Drive : 5.5TB of WD&SG SATA II
Graphics Card : 2x ATI HD5770 XXX-Edition in crossfire
Motherboard : Gigabyte UD7 Motherboard
Optical Drive : Pioneer 12 x Bluray RW
Operating System : Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Case : Antec 902 with UV lightz
Tv tuner : Leadtek Digital TV tuner
Keyboard/mouse : Logitech DiNovo Cordless Media Bluetooth Desktop
Cardreader : OEM black cardreader
Monitor : Sanyo 42" 1080 PLASMA
Speaker system : Yamaha 5.1 with kustom built gigantic speakerz

Solution
But still IMO the HD 5770s should have been replaced with atleast HD 5830 or HD 5850 if it is a gaming PC...
You could have saved some money on the mobo, PSU - you wont need 1200W at all(unless you plan to run 2x HD 5970s) and with the saved money got more powerful graphics card...

^ Haha I think I am lowering my IQ here trying to make you understand...actually I dont have to say anything to you but to the OP who was the one who spent this much money...
Check some reviews of those F3s...
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/storage/2009/10/06/samsung-spinpoint-f3-1tb-review/10
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/2tb-hdd-7200,2430.html

You should brush up your knowledge...And you are making an idiot out of yourself by posting like this....
A guy with good common sense and understandability would have by now got what am trying to say...

anonymousdude

Distinguished

He is referring to the reliability of old samsung drives which was not that great. Samsung drives now are perfectly fine and perform very well.

bornofsin

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Samsung drives are RUBBISH!! Dude i work for a computer sub-distributor and i can tell you now that we have NEVER had as many warranty returns EVER for HDD's as when we made the mistake of using Samsung drives in our systems.

You might get lucky and have your one samsung piece of *** work for you. But we were getting a return rate of 6/10!!!

6/10 HDD's returned! Samsung drives are AWFUL!And i'm only talking about just over a month ago! Actually i'll go further than that and say all Samsung products are awful .. Innov8 phone i paid $1,000 for - Broke, the 62" Samsung DLP i purchased - Still being repaired by Samsung. Samsung 50" LCD - Near death. Samsung 4 horsepower aircon in my industrial shed - Being repaired under warranty.

I don't know about in the USA, they may be good over there, but in Australia Samsung are RUBBISH. By the way the system is built in Australian dollars, not US dollars. Our parts are a fair chunk more expensive here than in the USA. Take into consideration that this system was built with distributor pricing and that it would retail for well over 5k here.

Dell apparently are great computers in the USA but over here they are rubbish, so maybe your Samsung drives ARE good. But in Australia you don't want to buy ANY brand of HDD except Seagate.

**PS i don't need to read reviews on anything. We do near on 5 million a year worth of system builds, i get to see how things perform first hand.**

/endrant

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Actually i'll go further than that and say all Samsung products are awful

Samsung is the number one provider of OEM screens for top-end LCDs such as Dell, HP, and premium brands like Lacie and Eizo.

Let us not forget S-LCD which is a joint Sony/Samsung venture that provides highend consumer screens for manufacturers like, Sony, Samsung, Hitachi and Mitsubishi.

While I cannot speak of Samsung's reliability in HDDs, to say all their products are awful is quite a broad statement that obviously holds little truth.