Question My BIOS changed after cpu change

Apr 18, 2019
For some reason when i upgraded my CPU from a ryzen 3 1200, to a ryzen 7 2700x on my MSI x370 gaming carbon pro motherboard my bios all of a sudden looks and is layed out way different. im super confused by this and am looking for insight on why it might have done this. i tried updating my bios to fix it but it wont recognise the bios on my flash drive.

Update, upon further investigation i noticed that it changed from MSI Click Bios 5, to MSI Click Bios. (like the original from what i can tell)

Last edited:
MSI Click Bios 5 was phased out in favor of Click Bios GSE for space issues with the newer versions

For some reason when i upgraded my CPU from a ryzen 3 1200, to a ryzen 7 2700x on my MSI x370 gaming carbon pro motherboard my bios all of a sudden looks and is layed out way different. im super confused by this and am looking for insight on why it might have done this. i tried updating my bios to fix it but it wont recognise the bios on my flash drive.

Update, upon further investigation i noticed that it changed from MSI Click Bios 5, to MSI Click Bios. (like the original from what i can tell)

Reactions: Isaacuno