Question My BIOS freezes at the "Press f2 or Del" screen when anything is connected through SATA ?

S225

Commendable
Aug 8, 2019
I recently installed an ssd and installed windows 11 on it. I then decided to update my bios and now the bios just completely freezes on the “press f2 or del" screen. I took out my ssd and then connected it to another computer. Formatted and wiped windows 11 to see if that helped but didn’t work.

I unplugged everything and left a usb in. The bios booted perfectly fine. However when anything is plugged in through SATA it just freezes on that screen and won’t let me go any further?

My motherboard is the ASUS B450-F Gaming 2

Update -- Everything works fine when it is plugged in apart from the new ssd. I have connected it to other computers and they detect it perfectly fine.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Please include the age of the PSU(apart from it's make and model). Where did you source the installer for Windows 11? fTPM option enabled in BIOS?

S225

Commendable
Aug 8, 2019
Ah apologies. I will remember that next time.

I managed to get it working in the end after a lot of trial and error with trying different drives plugged in and resetting the bios and it managed to finally pass the screen and detect the ssd again.