Question My Bios says is up to date but on website shows newer version

luizmartini

Prominent
Dec 7, 2018
Hello, yesterday i've bought one new motherboard for me, rog strix x470-f gaming.

I have one question, when i go to bios and try to update the current version of the bios (4207) its says is already up to date.

But i go to official website from my motherboard and i see the latest bios is 4602.

What you guys recommend me? Download this bios and update it manually?

Because what i said, on bios from my motherboard says my bios is already updated but shows the older version 4207 :(

What you guys recommend me? Download this bios and update it manually?
No.

The utility knows more about what is CORRECT for your specific motherboard than you do.

When you have an update available for your SPECIFIC motherboard, the utility will present it to you as an option.

Manually forcing an updated BIOS firmware package into that motherboard is very likely to result in a system that refuses to boot.

DON'T OBSESS OVER BIOS UPDATES.

Moreover, unless you are directly experiencing a problem with a particular model number, Rev and sub-rev of a motherboard, and you have been specifically instructed by the manufacturer's technical support staff to re-flash the BIOS to a specific newer version, just leave it the Hell alone.

I've seen more problems caused by people inappropriately flashing their BIOS, than I have ever seen legitimate issues resolved that required a re-flash.