My Bios won't allow me to change to a dedicaded graphics card

Jan 29, 2019
My father just gave me a ''new'' graphics card, it's a GT210 from an African manufacturer called Point of View (I'm brazilian so i dont even know how he got his hands in it). I've always had integrated graphics so I wanted to make the upgrade. I proceeded to look on the internet for information. I'm supposed to change the priority order of the graphic cards that the motherboard reads right? Well, that is the problem. My bios doesnt have an option for that.

-My motherboard is a Pcware IPMH61R3 (LGA 1155) Intel H61 Express OEM
-My bios is American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.5 02/07/2012

Any help?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There's nothing you need to do in your BIOS.
Install the card and physically connect your display to the GPU - that's all you should have to do to get a display. You'd then need to install the appropriate drivers inside Windows.

However, a GT210 might be disappointing, depending on the CPU you have.
The iGP of mid to high end SandyBridge era CPU's had HD Graphics 2000 or 3000 (potentially 4000 if you're running an IvyBridge CPU).

The GT210 would be a little better than HD2000 from an i5-2400 etc, but I don't think it'd be a whole bunch better. Probably right in 3000-4000 performance.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
How do you see device manager, if you don't get a display out from the GPU?

If you're connected to the iGP, it should disable the GT210.

While I've never heard of Point of View, they do appear legit. Any idea where your father acquired the card? Do we have any proof that the card is functional?

Jan 29, 2019
I thought the card would be active even if it wasnt connected to the vga cable.When I said it wasnt displaying as connected in the device manager, I was already using the integrated graphics, after I tried to use the gt210. Yes, they seem to be a legit company. I don't know exactly where did he get it from. His friend gave it to him yesterday and I dont know where he got it from. I only know that he bought it but never managed to install it by himself. I suppose it was never used but I cant tell if the graphics card is working.