[SOLVED] My Bluetooth headphones won't connect voice anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2019
When I connect my bluetooth headphones to my computer, it says connected music but no longer says voice. As a result I hear audio but the microphone on it does not work. I have tried removing and adding the device multiple times and saw no change.

This problem began when I accidentally removed a microphone from the Device list at Control Panel▶Hardware and Sound▶Devices and Printers. I tried some basic driver re-installation but without proper direction haven't gotten anywhere.

My headphones are Bose QuietComfort 35 II

Solution
So I was researching some solutions and I found out that the mic on those headphones were designed for mobile phone use and not windows use.

But you can maybe try to check the computer manufacturer's website to update to the latest Bluetooth drivers and confirm that your computer is HSP-compatible (Headset Profile for Bluetooth).

If the Bluetooth drivers loaded correctly, there will be two Bluetooth Profiles. Their names will be similar to this
Headphones (Bose SoundSport Stereo) [This does not support using the microphone]
Headset (Bose SoundSport Hands Free) [This is MONO but allows access to the microphone]

If things are working properly, an application that can use the microphone will automatically switch to the Headset profile...
Dec 2, 2019
Try this,
Windows Key+I > Privacy > Microphone
  1. Set allow access to the Microphone on this device
  2. Allow apps to access your microphone - Make it ON
  3. Choose which apps can access your Microphone - If needed make required to ON.

Apr 30, 2019
Try this,
Windows Key+I > Privacy > Microphone
  1. Set allow access to the Microphone on this device
  2. Allow apps to access your microphone - Make it ON
  3. Choose which apps can access your Microphone - If needed make required to ON.
This didn't seem to fix it. I don't think it's a permissions problem. If I go to Windows Key + I > System > Sound > Sound Control Panel > Recording, there was an additional input that was registering my voice. This is what longer appears.

Dec 2, 2019
So I was researching some solutions and I found out that the mic on those headphones were designed for mobile phone use and not windows use.

But you can maybe try to check the computer manufacturer's website to update to the latest Bluetooth drivers and confirm that your computer is HSP-compatible (Headset Profile for Bluetooth).

If the Bluetooth drivers loaded correctly, there will be two Bluetooth Profiles. Their names will be similar to this
Headphones (Bose SoundSport Stereo) [This does not support using the microphone]
Headset (Bose SoundSport Hands Free) [This is MONO but allows access to the microphone]

If things are working properly, an application that can use the microphone will automatically switch to the Headset profile. However, depending on the application you are using, you may need to manually switch the profile.

Are both profiles are installed? Here is how you can tell, and switch between them.

When you can hear sound through your SoundSport Wireless headphones look at the notifications area (usually the bottom right of the screen).
Click the speaker icon
Above the volume scrubber you should see something like
Headphones (Bose SoundSport Stereo) ^
Click the ^ (up arrow). You should then see
Select playback device
all the other outputs that are available
If you see Headset (Bose SoundSport Hands Free), then click that.
You will probably hear a difference in the audio (mono, and not as pleasant) AND the microphone should be working.

Info from: https://community.bose.com/t5/Headp...does-not-work-with-Windows-10/m-p/36527#M3608

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.