My bluetooth vanished and now says my device (custom pc) isnt bluetooth capable? It was for the last 8 months

cwelch3388

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
I recently built a pc and my motherboard (Asus rog strix z270i) comes with Bluetooth. However, recently the Bluetooth disappeared completely and was shown as "turned off" but could not be turned back on. Please know that the bluetooth had been working fine for a long time. I ran troubleshoot and it told me "Device is not Bluetooth capable" so I reset my pc hoping that reinstalling windows would bring back whatever drivers it needed. I also changed up some settings in services.msc for Bluetooth but to no success. Any suggestions?

cwelch3388

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from cwelch3388 : "Device not bluetooth capable. It was a few weeks ago"

I recently built a PC and the motherboard (Asus rog strix z270i) comes with Bluetooth. However it recently disappeared. I tried turning it back on but could not. I ran troubleshooter and it told me that my device was not Bluetooth capable. It definitely is. So I tried going into services.msc and changing the Bluetooth settings to automatic and then restarted them but that didn't work. Then I reset my pc altogether hoping that reinstalling windows would fix it. But here I am with no luck. Any suggestions?