[SOLVED] My boot drive M.2 ssd can be detected from bios, but can't boot into windows 10

HarrisonHo1209

Commendable
Apr 3, 2019
I own a msi x570 tomahawk wifi and I have an m.2 adata sx8200 pro as my boot drive, with windows 10 installed. All was fine for months. Then I decided to upgrade my hard drive. Before booting, I plugged in the new hard drive and windows recognized it, I formatted it and started migrating my steam games to it, steam could recognize and launch my newly migrated games. Then I decided unplug my old hard disk and plug in the new one while my pc was in sleep mode, since I thought my boot drive was a m.2 drive, unplugging some sata cables wouldn't affect it, HUGE MISTAKE. I proceeded to restart my pc, then my motherboard wouldn't recognize my m.2 ssd, it kept asking me to give it a boot media. So I restarted again and went into the bios. I found the m.2 ssd, I could even use the Self test feature and it was 100% ok. So now I know the m.2's health isn't the issue, I tried configuring CSM and UEFI boot modes and still the m.2 couldn't be recognized as a boot device, can anyone help me here?

Solution
Reinstall windows.

You should never plug/unplug internal drives, while in sleep mode.
Also fast boot has to be turned off in BIOS and fast startup in windows power options (if you want to do any connecting/disconnecting of internal drives). Or you get file system corruption and data loss.

HarrisonHo1209

Commendable
Apr 3, 2019
Reinstall windows.

You should never plug/unplug internal drives, while in sleep mode.
Also fast boot has to be turned off in BIOS and fast startup in windows power options (if you want to do any connecting/disconnecting of internal drives). Or you get file system corruption and data loss.
I've learnt my lesson, luckily my m.2 drive is relatively new and I haven't installed much games on it, nothing major will be lost if I just reformatted the drive and reinstall, thanks for the advice, I'm off to buy windows 10 again, lesson learnt.