[SOLVED] My boot mode is in UEFI, yet I cant boot unless my BIOS is in CSM ?

Apr 15, 2022
I've had this issue for quite a while, but I'm only starting to realize its effect now. When I try booting in UEFI, the boot option appears but when clicked I'm taken right back to the bios, and boot fails. I checked my BIOS type and its still in UEFI. Any help?

Solution
Bios will only boot in uefi if the disk is partitioned in uefi/gpt, even if it shows the option it doesn't mean that the disk is actually complient.
Check this link to check if your boot disk is gpt or mbr.
Full warning on converting, don't do it without a full backup or risk losing all your data.
Apr 15, 2022
Can you show screenshot from Disk Management?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Why do you want to change boot mode?
A few games I want to play require use of secure boot, which I cant enable on CSM with my bios. My specs are :

MSI B550 A-PRO
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS ROG 2060 6GB
16GB 3200MHZ RAM

Screenshot-499.png

Bios will only boot in uefi if the disk is partitioned in uefi/gpt, even if it shows the option it doesn't mean that the disk is actually complient.
Full warning on converting, don't do it without a full backup or risk losing all your data.

Solution
Apr 15, 2022
View: https://imgur.com/Y1eCark
Disk 4 is my boot drive.

Apr 15, 2022
Just to be clear, the drive with windows is not always the boot drive.
Go into windows and look what disk is first in the boot list, or press F12 (or whatever it tells you) when the pc boots to get into the bios boot menu, if you can start from disk 4 then we can start looking into other things.
I always boot from disk 4, I have it set to the main boot drive and when I press the boot menu I always choose it.

Disk Management does not allow deleting EFI system partition.
You have to use diskpart for that.
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
(select 465GB disk)​
list partition
select partition 1
(select 200MB EFI System partition)​
delete partition override
Make sure you have windows install media prepared.
It may be necessary, if EFI system partition on 500GB drive was active bootloader.

Apr 15, 2022
Disk Management does not allow deleting EFI system partition.
You have to use diskpart for that.
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
(select 465GB disk)​
list partition
select partition 1
(select 200MB EFI System partition)​
delete partition override
Make sure you have windows install media prepared.
It may be necessary, if EFI system partition on 500GB drive was active bootloader.
I did it, should I try booting in UEFI now?