[SOLVED] My bootable ssd drive not detecting once I installed a new NVME drive

Georgio Menezes

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
I just purchased a Kingston 1TB nvme drive. I had my existing bootable 256GB Adata SSD which had Windows on it. After I plugged in my NVME, the SSD was not being detected. As soon as I removed the NVME, the SSD began to work. Did this around 3 times.

I have a Ryzen 1600 with 32GB RAM on a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 motherboard. I was thinking of using the NVME for installing games while keeping windows on my current SSD.

Is there any reason why this could be happening?

Thanks

Solution
I just purchased a Kingston 1TB nvme drive. I had my existing bootable 256GB Adata SSD which had Windows on it. After I plugged in my NVME, the SSD was not being detected. As soon as I removed the NVME, the SSD began to work. Did this around 3 times.

I have a Ryzen 1600 with 32GB RAM on a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 motherboard. I was thinking of using the NVME for installing games while keeping windows on my current SSD.

Thanks
Take a look at page 15 of your MANUAL. Your boot drive is probably on a disabled SATA port.

RealBeast

Titan

Thanks
Take a look at page 15 of your MANUAL. Your boot drive is probably on a disabled SATA port.

Solution