[SOLVED] My brand new PC shuts down while playing some games.

NFM

Jun 16, 2020
Hello. So, 4 months ago i've build a gaming PC. Here's the specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5600
GPU: Rx 580 8Gb
Ram: 16 Gb
HDD: 1TB
SSD: 120 GB
PSU: EVGA 700w 80 plus
Cpu Fan + Chasis Fan at the back.

The Problem is that in some games, it runs pretty normal for an hour or two and then randomly shuts down and that's it. It doesn't reboot or anything, I have to pull the plug and reconnect it again for it to work.

As i mentioned, this happens with some games though. It had happened with the new Wolfenstein Games (Except New Colossus and Old Blood) and Borderlands 2. But other titles like Doom Eternal and GTA V, i have played them for hours and everything's runs perfect.

I think it might be the Ssd + Hdd, i don't know really. When i had everything on the 1TB unit, all worked perfectly, i played Wolfenstein New Order for a lot of time and all great. But when i installed Windows on the Ssd and the games on the HDD, this begun to happen on the mentioned titles.

Or it may be something installed wrong on the rig, like the the cpu fan.

I need help with this, i don't really know why this happens.

Last edited:
Solution
Run memtest86 with the default automatic 4 pass test and see if you get any errors. It would be helpful to know if you are running 2133MT/s or faster. If you get errors at 2133, it means you need to get the ram replaced through RMA.

NFM

Jun 16, 2020
I checked the temps just now, and everything seems to be ok.
Gpu temps are between 60 and 70 C° and CPU temps between 50 and 61 C° while playing.
Do you think it's the PSU? It's brand new, but kind of cheap though. Not so cheap, but you know.

Run memtest86 with the default automatic 4 pass test and see if you get any errors. It would be helpful to know if you are running 2133MT/s or faster. If you get errors at 2133, it means you need to get the ram replaced through RMA.

Solution

Latest posts