Question MY BRAND NEW PC - VERY LAGGY AT FIRST START UP

Dec 13, 2021
Hello guys, literally 5 days ago I've bought a totally new brand PC machine.

The problem is that for "first turn" of the day when I turn ON my PC it's very laggy, just like it's 2-5 FPS and it "lag" every 2-5 secs, the sound is very bad and generally whole "runing pc " is laggy as hell.

When I try to turn it off or try to reset it, my monitors turn off and it says no hdmi signal but my PC keeps runing for ever. I need to hold "power button" so it turns off, and after reset when I turn it again - EVERYTHING IS TOTALLY FINE.

Link to videos you can watch the problem:
https://easyupload.io/vxhf3x
https://easyupload.io/q5mxtv

Thanks in advance, I hope somebody can help ;)

Sorry for my English, I hope you guys understand all ^^

Dec 13, 2021
Well, I've found this post on this forum and it seems it worked

"
Nov 24, 2015
HOORAY I think I have resolved my issue which hopefully will resolve others.

I was racking my brains and realised that I shutdown my PC via 'Power' and 'Shutdown' which actually is the hybrid hibernation shutdown mode that Windows/Microsoft seems to now like. I then realised that this could be why the restart and the boot from cold are creating different results.

Due to this I turned off the 'fast boot' option and 'touch wood' it appears to have resolved the issue.

I would suggest trying this and it has worked for me, good luck.
"

I've turned off fast boot option and yesterday and today I did not have such problem so far, regarding all the bios and temps everything it was all okay

Reactions: Glennyrd

Glennyrd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Well, I've found this post on this forum and it seems it worked

"
Nov 24, 2015
HOORAY I think I have resolved my issue which hopefully will resolve others.

I was racking my brains and realised that I shutdown my PC via 'Power' and 'Shutdown' which actually is the hybrid hibernation shutdown mode that Windows/Microsoft seems to now like. I then realised that this could be why the restart and the boot from cold are creating different results.

Due to this I turned off the 'fast boot' option and 'touch wood' it appears to have resolved the issue.

I would suggest trying this and it has worked for me, good luck.
"

I've turned off fast boot option and yesterday and today I did not have such problem so far, regarding all the bios and temps everything it was all okay

This seems to have worked for me! I’ll let you know if the problem returns.