Question My brother hits my CPU sometimes out of anger and im worried it could be damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2020
I have a fairly basic gaming pc ,where most games run smooth and fine just need to tone down the quality a little bit,but sometimes in family conflict i usually am really attached to my things so to annoy me he punches my Pc, just a medium one,but he works out at the gym ,ever since that happened i saw slight lagginess in loading and time to load things,this could also be a space problem but i have close to 500gb of total space remaining , im usually really paranoid because this pc means alot to me,if anyone knows anything about this getting damaged
Further Notice:
my pc has a ram of 8gb,core is a i5(3rd gen),NVIDIA 720,
ny brother does this usually every month and it buggs my butt off and aometimes he also knocks it slightly hard

If it's your personal computer. Change the password and lock him out. He needs to learn to respect other peoples property. If necessary use a BIOS password, HDD password and encrypt the drive.

The computer has moving parts. Something like a HDD is particularly susceptible to shocks. Although damage wouldn't be a slow down. More like immediate destruction of the HDD.

Reactions: Phaaze88
If you have a traditional hard drive, this WILL damage it if the system is on. And that can lead to all sorts of potential issues. Also, shocks in general are not tolerated well by hardware so not a great situation.

I would move any expensive parts of the computer out of reach and replace it with something else that can be 'damaged' in its place. I would also get a camera for your room that you can keep running so if your property is damaged and you want to seek legal action, you have evidence. Plus, the same camera can be used in case you are attacked instead.

Apr 29, 2020
If it's your personal computer. Change the password and lock him out. He needs to learn to respect other peoples property. If necessary use a BIOS password, HDD password and encrypt the drive.

The computer has moving parts. Something like a HDD is particularly susceptible to shocks. Although damage wouldn't be a slow down. More like immediate destruction of the HDD.
its not really about the password,he doesnt play on it he just likes to annoy me and damage my pc,but thanks for recommending me

Apr 29, 2020
If you have a traditional hard drive, this WILL damage it if the system is on. And that can lead to all sorts of potential issues. Also, shocks in general are not tolerated well by hardware so not a great situation.

I would move any expensive parts of the computer out of reach and replace it with something else that can be 'damaged' in its place. I would also get a camera for your room that you can keep running so if your property is damaged and you want to seek legal action, you have evidence. Plus, the same camera can be used in case you are attacked instead.
oh i definitely would take legal action and sue his butt but im only 12 and hes the older big bully brother,ill see if i can replace the expensive parts

Status
Not open for further replies.