My build. Thoughts?

buttertoas14

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r7L6gL
So there is my current build I'm working on so far. I have already bought some of the parts but they haven't shipped. I'm on a budget and am trying to make every dollar count. I'm just curious is the graphics card decent? Enough ram or should I go for something else. It confuses me on what I should get, with the 1050+, the 750+ and everything thing else. Any thoughts and criticism are welcome. Thanks

Solution
That cooler is absolutely unnecessary - stock cooler coming with G4560 will do the job just fine. Same with thermal paste.
Motherboard - looking for a gamble I guess - do you have plan B if motherboard will not have correct BIOS version?
GPU - obviously 1050 ti, once you drop the cooler you will have enough money for it.
PSU - what you need those 650 W for? 300, max 400 is all you need (but at least you have chosen good unit)
DVD - are you sure you really need it?

Rambizz

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Unless you purchase an OEM Intel processor, it will come with a heatsink and thermal paste pre-applied, Which is already super fine, especially for a build like this.
Instead of the SuperNOVA, just get yourself a Corsair VS 450 or 550 (If it's cheaper in your country than the NOVA) or perhaps the Corsair CX 450/550, if you want the black coloured cables. They are both 'third party secure' by companies like TÜV, instead of just having a CE.
You could also purchase some cheaper memory. Vengeance is just for show. Try to look at the price winning HyperX series from Kingston. You can find it in a 2400Mhz, DDR4 version, with up to 16GB per stick. You won't feel the difference between 2400Mhz and 2600Mhz if you're playing games.
When you look for a graphics card, try to go for the 10xx-series, since it's more up-to-date cards and are much better versions of it's predecessor

That cooler is absolutely unnecessary - stock cooler coming with G4560 will do the job just fine. Same with thermal paste.
Motherboard - looking for a gamble I guess - do you have plan B if motherboard will not have correct BIOS version?
GPU - obviously 1050 ti, once you drop the cooler you will have enough money for it.
PSU - what you need those 650 W for? 300, max 400 is all you need (but at least you have chosen good unit)
DVD - are you sure you really need it?

Solution

buttertoas14

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
From what I've read via newegg reviews it's already updated to support gen 7. Is there anything wrong with my current gpu choice? I'll definitely drop the cooler then if it's not needed. DVD slot, uhm idk maybe lol. I appreciate the replies.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($62.50 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($62.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($59.92 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Video Card ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-03 White ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.69 @ OutletPC)
Total: $458.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-28 14:55 EDT-0400

It's not bad for 7th gen - provided you have plan B. If you have somebody who could borrow you SkyLake CPU for BIOS upgrade (IF it would be necessary), or know a comp shop nearby that can do he upgrade cheap, then there's no point going for 7th gen board. But if such options are not available to you, I would say it's better to take safe route and chose 7th gen board.