Question My build wont post no display no power to usb keyboard

May 2, 2019
I'm so confused my newly built pc wont post
Ryzen 5 2600
Mis b450 gaming carbon pro ac
16gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance lpx
650w evga g2
Turns on stays on but just looking at a black screen.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
You sure that your monitor is turned on? another memeber was having same issue but his kid turned off the display. :)
Else, see if you have screwed down the CPU too much, it can lead to a black screen sometimes.
But thats a really good power supply, so it must be something related to CPU or something.
you can try to breadboard the motherboard outside the case, put 1 stick of ram and cpu and cpu cooler and power supply, i don't think the 5 2600 has an IGPU so u have to put the gpu in.

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Does some error like "VGA no signal" or just "no signal" display in the monitor or just a black screen right from the startup? Oh wait don't you have a graphics card? That r5 doesn't have an igpu, so you basically have nothing to display to your screen

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well he will breadboard the motherboard and see what he'll come up with.
Then it'll be must easier to troubleshoot from there as we know what works and what doesn't work.

Also use the paper clip test to see if your power supply is not faulty or dying.

May 2, 2019
Which video port? Did you swap cables? Did you hook up the motherboard mini speaker and get beep codes? Did uou clear the cmos? Did you properly align pin 1 on the cpu? Did you hook the 8 pin aux power connector to the video card? Is your cpu 4 pin connector firmly seated? Does your hard drive light blink at all? Does your keyboard caps light key turn on and off?
No mini speaker I'll get one today cleared cmos jumper and battery, all seating checked, no keyboard function, breadborded 1 ram 1 at a time, loosened cpu cooler still nothing, no bent pins reseated cpu 3× already 😭

No mini speaker I'll get one today cleared cmos jumper and battery, all seating checked, no keyboard function, breadborded 1 ram 1 at a time, loosened cpu cooler still nothing, no bent pins reseated cpu 3× already 😭

No keyboard function is a bad sign. I'm guessing a bad motherboard. (Usually the highest culprit) Second most common is a dead CPU.

If you are close to your return window on each, I would return both and ask for fresh exchange. I know it can be frustrating (sorry)

May 2, 2019
+ Does the stand-by light on the motherboard light up? If so, motherboard is connected to psu basically; but it can be that either a second connector is necessary for standby and suspend modes, or that e.g. the graphics card draws to much power from the pci-e bus. If the latter is the case lookout for necessary connectors to the gpu or additional gpu-power-connectors on the mobo which will provide the necessary initial power for the gpu via pci-e and then switch to directly connected additional power. - It is a Rx 580. Feed it!

+ If the fans at least initialize and the PC seemingly runs, but you just have no signal, either check the reference of the card for what connector inits first, or just start with the connector nearest to the pcie-e-slot | motherboard. Also you can check in the HUD of your monitor, how signaling should be processed. Fully digital EDD-ID which enables control by the os (that is yet not there ...) or classic pure display-signaling. Also you mostly have the option to override the automatic detection of signals and instead force a specific connector or hinder oing to standby.

+ Leave all LED- and Switch- -cables aside. Lookout for the pins for the powerswitch and shortcut them with a screwdriver instead, to power-up.

+ Use one DIMM only, in any but the first ram-bank-slot. If that does provoke a beep or likewise POST-event, e.g. signaled via standby-led on-board or the connected pw-led or hdd-led, check it. In most cases it will mean that either the CAS-setting could not be read or set correctly or it is angry that you didn't placed a DIMM in the first slot of the first bank.

+ Do not 'breadboard' or bridge the psu directly if you do not know what you are doing - and i mean - not at all understand what you do and haven't even a shed of an idea what can happen if you accidentally or forced bridge the wrong ones or shit happens and you break your mobo, simply because you can not clamp a cooler on a not mounted board - well you can - but it is nearly guaranteed that you compromise or completely destroy one or a bunch of layers. Motherboards are 3-dimensionally connected sandwiches. You will have no chance to 'see' that it is broken and it may be that it will work for a while until it doesn't. - These are not things to toy around even if you are like me the type of guy that sets up, for testing, a mobilee consisting of the parts connected, only holding together by gravity or precisely the redirected gravitational pull that fixates cable-connectors in the given slots. - And yes you need tons of components and a good amount of time to actually grasp the how and why while wondering if that is really happening. - Have fun. - Don't do it.

... just some thoughts added on top.

---

Hope it helps. Maybe. Thanks for reading.

May 2, 2019
No keyboard function is a bad sign. I'm guessing a bad motherboard. (Usually the highest culprit) Second most common is a dead CPU.

If you are close to your return window on each, I would return both and ask for fresh exchange. I know it can be frustrating (sorry)
Yes that was my guess also, I'm gonna return the motherboard and cpu ill wait to test on new mobo