Question My builded PC won't start now

SolidFib3r

Commendable
May 8, 2017
Hi, I have builded a PC a year ago, and it worked right away with no issues till now, So I traveled out country and left my PC for more than 4 months turned off, Shipped my PC from my home with my brother, So when I opened the case to see if everything looks good, everything was except the Intel's stock CPU Fan, its pins were broken, So I ordered Cooler Master CPU Fan and Installed it connected my PC to power:

-The motherboard started its RED LED (Asus H170 Pro Gaming ).
-My GPU had its power green light on (ZOTAC AMP EXTREME GTX 1070)

But when I pressed the power button in the case nothing happened not even the Case Fans start spinning, gave it 10min on power and tried again, nothing happened.
So I thought maybe the Power pin cable connected to the motherboard isn't connected, but it was. and the Cables looks good.

So what do you guys recommend me to do to know where the issue is ?
Do you think its the PSU ? but the motherboard & GPU LEDS are on or Maybe is it the CPU ? maybe because the CPU Fan was already damaged maybe the CPU got a hit too ?

Or maybe is it the case ? but the power cable still looks tight connected.

Sorry for the long introduction but I just wanted to give you a quick hint, maybe some parts stops working after a while if its OFF ?

I can add photos if needed.

Thanks in advance.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Was it the CPU FAN header pins that have become bent and damaged?
My thought process would be, if that got damaged, who knows what else did - usually on long hauls, its best practice to disassemble the PC and package individually to prevent damage.

It's worth following this guide to check for anything obvious and also cover potential damage:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Did you have it insured for the journey? What method of transport was it?
What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?

SolidFib3r

Commendable
May 8, 2017
Was it the CPU FAN header pins that have become bent and damaged?
My thought process would be, if that got damaged, who knows what else did - usually on long hauls, its best practice to disassemble the PC and package individually to prevent damage.

It's worth following this guide to check for anything obvious and also cover potential damage:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Did you have it insured for the journey? What method of transport was it?
What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?

Hi, yeah the 4 pins that holds the CPU Fan to the motherboard, not fully Damaged, but it became so loose, And the disassemble the PC was a hard solution for me because not me or my brothers were in country at the time of shipping, So the people who has knowledge of how to disassemble a PC weren't there unfortunately, But the PC was shipped in its Own Case BOX, with a lot of hard foam blocks and the Case it self from the outside and the inside doesn't show any sort of damage, only the CPU Fan

For the system specs:
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 700B
Motherboard: H170 Asus Pro Gaming
RAM: HyperX 2x 8GB (Undamaged.)
GPU: ZOTAC AMP EXTREME Edition GTX 1070. (Looks in a perfect condition, the Fans and the outside and the gold pins all looks fine.)
SSD: Samsung 250GB (don't remeber the exact model but I believe its is 860 EVO).
HDD: 2TB WD Blue.

My guess is may the Power Supplier be damaged ? even tho the motherboard LED are on ?

I'll follow the guide you sent too, and update my post

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hi, yeah the 4 pins that holds the CPU Fan to the motherboard, not fully Damaged, but it became so loose, And the disassemble the PC was a hard solution for me because not me or my brothers were in country at the time of shipping, So the people who has knowledge of how to disassemble a PC weren't there unfortunately, But the PC was shipped in its Own Case BOX, with a lot of hard foam blocks and the Case it self from the outside and the inside doesn't show any sort of damage, only the CPU Fan

For the system specs:
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 700B
Motherboard: H170 Asus Pro Gaming
RAM: HyperX 2x 8GB (Undamaged.)
GPU: ZOTAC AMP EXTREME Edition GTX 1070. (Looks in a perfect condition, the Fans and the outside and the gold pins all looks fine.)
SSD: Samsung 250GB (don't remeber the exact model but I believe its is 860 EVO).
HDD: 2TB WD Blue.

My guess is may the Power Supplier be damaged ? even tho the motherboard LED are on ?

I'll follow the guide you sent too, and update my post
I know it may not have looked like anything moved, but if a fan header has somehow become damaged only in the haul, the who knows what else could have become damaged. GPUs can sag and the contact pins can become damaged etc.

You can test power supply with a multimeter seperate from the case - just remember this only tests at idle. If the output voltages are not to standard +/- 5%, then replace it.

You didn't post CPU - but obviously I can see it is intel - have you tried removing GPU entirely and running only on integrated?

SolidFib3r

Commendable
May 8, 2017
I know it may not have looked like anything moved, but if a fan header has somehow become damaged only in the haul, the who knows what else could have become damaged. GPUs can sag and the contact pins can become damaged etc.

You can test power supply with a multimeter seperate from the case - just remember this only tests at idle. If the output voltages are not to standard +/- 5%, then replace it.

You didn't post CPU - but obviously I can see it is intel - have you tried removing GPU entirely and running only on integrated?

Oh Sorry about that, my CPU: intel core i5 6600, has integrated graphics.
Yes I have tried removing the GPU, but still the same problem.

So I'll test the PSU next and let you know.

Thanks.