[SOLVED] My Camera and mic on Lenovo T2224zD monitor is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2019
My Camera and mic on Lenovo T2224zD monitor is not working

so i got this monitor a few weeks before
i have it linked to my gpu with a HDMI cable only and i was wondering why is my inbuild camera and mic not working,
when i try to open the camera up on windows 10 it shows me an error 0xA00F4244 ( no cameras are attached ) i was wondering if i need a cables to make the camera work, i tried getting drivers but it was to no avail. Thanks for the help

Solution
jack to jack i think but it wont matter what jack to jack i get as long as it is 3.5mm it does not have to be for mic only ?

Yes, jack to jack. It will work with everything. Get one with 3 contacts on the jack and you will be fine for sure. You can see that from counting the black rings.
Oct 29, 2019
yep it says in the manual for the built in speakers it needs that usb cable i assume that cable powers also the camera as ive read on some posts that connecting the usb will trigger it to find a driver

also this model is 21.5 inches ?
Yes it is and at first i linked this mointor with a vga the speaker was not working after i linked it with HDMI the speaker started working so i was thinking it needed another cable so i came here

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Yes it is and at first i linked this mointor with a vga the speaker was not working after i linked it with HDMI the speaker started working so i was thinking it needed another cable so i came here

Audio via HDMI to the speakers in the monitor is normal. The USB cable would be for the camera and maybe the mic. I think it has a dedicated mic out audio output also? Look for a pink audio jack-port.

I doubt that it has to be USB 3.0 for the camera, but since it has 2x USB 3.0 available on the monitor it would not hurt to connect it to a USB 3.0 on your computer if you have one there.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019
Audio via HDMI to the speakers in the monitor is normal. The USB cable would be for the camera and maybe the mic. I think it has a dedicated mic out audio output also? Look for a pink audio jack-port.

I doubt that it has to be USB 3.0 though.
Yes there is a mic and speaker output so i have to link my monitor with a mic jack from pc to monitor like those cables that have the same end ?

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
jack to jack i think but it wont matter what jack to jack i get as long as it is 3.5mm it does not have to be for mic only ?

Yes, jack to jack. It will work with everything. Get one with 3 contacts on the jack and you will be fine for sure. You can see that from counting the black rings.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.