Question My case fan rgb light is working but the fans are not

May 8, 2021
So I accidentally plug my VDG Cable to 12v RGB Header and my case fan stop running, so I unplug and plug the 3pin cable to the 3pin rgb header on my motherboard but still not working and the RGB light still working , I also try to use the rgb controller to turn on my fan but I failed. Plus my AIO Cooler fan is running but the rgb were off. I googled a lot of solution but those solution is not working. So I wish to know any solution from you guys, can you help me with this problem This is my casing https://www.tecware.co/forgem

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Well, if the fans don't work on another donor system with a VDG header, then you've fried the LED's on the fans. If what you're saying is correct, the VGD operates at 5V while you plugged it into a 12v header, so yeah I think you've fried the LED's.

May 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Well, if the fans don't work on another donor system with a VDG header, then you've fried the LED's on the fans. If what you're saying is correct, the VGD operates at 5V while you plugged it into a 12v header, so yeah I think you've fried the LED's.
OMGGGG So I need to change my fan? OMGGGGGGGGGGG

Lutfij

Titan
OMGGGG So I need to change my fan? OMGGGGGGGGGGG
Perhaps, you will need to source another motherboard that has an ARGB or VDG header to work with your fans in order to rule the fans out as being damaged. The LED's in the fan are what got tarnished perhaps, not the fan itself, so cooling isn't affected. Make and model of your AIO? You've left out the spec to your build and only going along a feedback loop.

You plug the VDG cable into a VDG header on the motherboard. What is the make and model of your motherboard?

On second thoughts, just list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

May 8, 2021
Perhaps, you will need to source another motherboard that has an ARGB or VDG header to work with your fans in order to rule the fans out as being damaged. The LED's in the fan are what got tarnished perhaps, not the fan itself, so cooling isn't affected. Make and model of your AIO? You've left out the spec to your build and only going along a feedback loop.

You plug the VDG cable into a VDG header on the motherboard. What is the make and model of your motherboard?

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
CPU: I5 10400F
AIO: Tecware Mirage 240
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming B460M-PLUS
Ram: XPG SPECTRIX D41 3000MHZ 2x8GB
SSD/HDD: XPG Sx8200 Pro 256GB M.2 SSD and Kingston A400 240GB SSD
GPU: GT635 (old pc gpu because a alot of gpu is out of stock)
PSU: Aerocool Lux RGB 550W Power Supply
Chassis: Tecware Forge M
OC: Window 10 Pro

I would like to post the picture of my PC but I don't know how to insert image to this reply.

May 8, 2021

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Can help me?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm confused.
So you have 1 set of fans where the fan wire is plugged into the motherboard fan header but doesn't spin, and the RGB wire is plugged in but the lights work.

The aio fans have the fan wire plugged in to the motherboard and spin but the RGB does not.

2 seperate circuits. The rgb has nothing to do with the fan spinning or not. 2 different wires that go to 2 different places.

Are both sets of wires actually plugged in? Is the controller actually plugged in and powered?

An rgb controller controls rgb. It doesn't control fan speeds unless you have a specific controller such as the Corsair Commander Pro etc. In which case both wires from a fan must be plugged into the controller.

A 3 wire ARGB connector shouldn't physically fit a 4 prong RGB 12vDC header, are adapters being used? Did you force the connection to fit?

May 8, 2021
I'm confused.
So you have 1 set of fans where the fan wire is plugged into the motherboard fan header but doesn't spin, and the RGB wire is plugged in but the lights work.

The aio fans have the fan wire plugged in to the motherboard and spin but the RGB does not.

2 seperate circuits. The rgb has nothing to do with the fan spinning or not. 2 different wires that go to 2 different places.

Are both sets of wires actually plugged in? Is the controller actually plugged in and powered?

An rgb controller controls rgb. It doesn't control fan speeds unless you have a specific controller such as the Corsair Commander Pro etc. In which case both wires from a fan must be plugged into the controller.

A 3 wire ARGB connector shouldn't physically fit a 4 prong RGB 12vDC header, are adapters being used? Did you force the connection to fit?
No I did not put force to plug in the wire, I think I kill my fans because I connect a VDG cable to a 12vDC header and it kill my rgb controller.