Question My case fan starts spinning after a delay

lordofthenecklaces

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019
My case fan used to start spinning after a 15-20 second delay until one day it stopped while ı was playing a game.Anyways ı got it to spin again by slowly turning it with a pencil.However it still starts spinning after a delay from time to time(Not always)My question is could this be related to the PSU or is it just a damaged/old fan?None of the other components of my pc are showcasing any problems

could this be related to the PSU or is it just a damaged/old fan?
-hard to answer without knowing what motherboard you have and how old is fan.
As far I know, on recent motherboards, all fans start to spin at high speed (and decreasing speed few seconds later), so motherboard can ensure that fans actually start rotating -reason for that is, most fans need initial "push" to start spinning (and once they rotate, one can set desired speed).
Anyway, if you need to help fan (with finger) to start spinning, I would guess it's time to replace it (or you have some weird fan settings in BIOS).

My case fan used to start spinning after a 15-20 second delay until one day it stopped while ı was playing a game.Anyways ı got it to spin again by slowly turning it with a pencil.However it still starts spinning after a delay from time to time(Not always)My question is could this be related to the PSU or is it just a damaged/old fan?None of the other components of my pc are showcasing any problems
Most likely the bearings on the fan are worn and I would be replacing the fan.
I strongly doubt it's PSU related.
If the voltage on the PSU was low enough that the fan was having a hard time spinning....I think you would have bigger problems.

TRENDING THREADS