Question My case has no hard drive led activity light..... can I do this?

Sep 13, 2020
Hello all:) My motherboard has the standard 2 pin connector for the hard drive activity light. My case has a led strip on the side with about 10 to 15 lights. The strip has 12 inch cable to 3 pins. The 3 pin connector has 2 wires the same color and the other a little different.

I would be able to connect 2 of the pins to the motherboard. Would this work? If so, would I connect the 2 with the same color or two with different colors?

If anyone knows anything about this, help would be much appreciated:)

Hello all:) My motherboard has the standard 2 pin connector for the hard drive activity light. My case has a led strip on the side with about 10 to 15 lights. The strip has 12 inch cable to 3 pins. The 3 pin connector has 2 wires the same color and the other a little different.

I would be able to connect 2 of the pins to the motherboard. Would this work? If so, would I connect the 2 with the same color or two with different colors?

If anyone knows anything about this, help would be much appreciated:)
No, wrong voltages and connections. 3 pin strips are also ARGB which is digital control while ordinary LED used for signalling is analog. You can easily replace LED with any ordinary one.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS