[SOLVED] My Case Needs a Window

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
I have a mATX case that I really like and want to keep. Nothing fancy, I just like it. But I wish it had a windowed side panel. I'm horrible at anything DIY, so I'm willing to pay to have it done for me. But I have no idea where to go to have this done... but not butchered. Anyone out there that can help me or offer advice?

Solution
I have a mATX case that I really like and want to keep. Nothing fancy, I just like it. But I wish it had a windowed side panel. I'm horrible at anything DIY, so I'm willing to pay to have it done for me. But I have no idea where to go to have this done... but not butchered. Anyone out there that can help me or offer advice?
Buy a case that has one and don't go through other options it will probably save you money unless you can actually do some DIY.

If the case actually offers a side panel that is different but I figure you already looked into that.

EDIT if you never list the case it gets really hard to help you at all.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIis9pqRpQU
check with the case manufacturer's customer support if they have a windowed side panel available.

many modern closed cases also have a glass\plastic\acrylic option available.
if they do, then the windowed panel would be available from their parts store.
I'm willing to pay to have it done for me.
what you would be paying for this work is probably more than you would for a new decent windowed case.

For a fan grill or a glass window?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
According to your case design you might be able to get a local hardware store to cut an acrylic side panel for you. I worked at an Ace Hardware as a much younger man and we worked both with Plexi and glass and had all the tooling on site available for cutting and drilling it.

Reactions: Why_Me

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Buy a case that has one and don't go through other options it will probably save you money unless you can actually do some DIY.

If the case actually offers a side panel that is different but I figure you already looked into that.

Last edited:
Solution

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
According to your case design you might be able to get a local hardware store to cut an acrylic side panel for you. I worked at an Ace Hardware as a much younger man and we worked both with Plexi and glass and had all the tooling on site available for cutting and drilling it.
Uh... yeah. That is why I said I was horrible at DIY. I tried that on an old junk case and failed horribly. But that's on me.

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017

Magnetic tape! Brilliant! I may try that. Thanks for the video. But I kept getting distracted by her tee shirt.

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
No, meaning like when I worked there you walked in with measurements and we handed you a piece of plexi/glass. As I recall the first two cuts were free....
Yep. That's where I got my piece of plexiglass from. They did good. Me? not so much. I was attempting to cut a window in the side panel and put the plexiglass in it.

But I like that video of the plexiglass covering the whole side. The original side panel isn't touched. And magnetic tape is perfect.