[SOLVED] My chassis is Cougar MG120 G and I want to install Cougar Vortex SPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit but my motherboard has no ARGB header. How can I fix it?

Feb 5, 2021
Does Cougar Vortex RGB SPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit run on a PC whose motherboard has no ARGB header?

Solution
I already checked it with the product website. When you buy a cooling kit, core box is included but the version of the core box depends on the fan model. For example, if you choose SPB 120 Cooling Kit the Core Box V2 is included in the package and if you choose FCB 120 Cooling Kit the Core Box C is included in the package. However I am not sure if Core Box V2 and Core Box 3 work without connecting them to the motherboard. I am considering now to buy a new motherboard with ARGB header in order to fix the problem.
Controller has own remote to adjust lighting but to be able to do it from software needs to be connected to appropriate header on the MB. On the other hand if your MB has such header you don't need a separate controller.
Feb 5, 2021
Well, you may want to check with seller if it's included.
I already checked it with the product website. When you buy a cooling kit, core box is included but the version of the core box depends on the fan model. For example, if you choose SPB 120 Cooling Kit the Core Box V2 is included in the package and if you choose FCB 120 Cooling Kit the Core Box C is included in the package. However I am not sure if Core Box V2 and Core Box 3 work without connecting them to the motherboard. I am considering now to buy a new motherboard with ARGB header in order to fix the problem.

Controller has own remote to adjust lighting but to be able to do it from software needs to be connected to appropriate header on the MB. On the other hand if your MB has such header you don't need a separate controller.

Reactions: ammarjr
Solution

TRENDING THREADS