[SOLVED] My clock speed is low when playing Games

LeeXy41

Reputable
Jan 10, 2020
Hello I have a problem with my clock speed when in idle it's clocking up to 3.1 GHz but when playing games it down clock to 1.7 GHz to 1.5 GHz I tried everything updating my bios , drivers and maximize performance in power option but the problem still occurring This is so frustrating I should play PUBG Lite at least 60 fps I tried monitoring my temperature 58c while doing nothing 72c if I played games is My laptop itself limiting the performance? PLEEASE HELP!

Sorry for my bad Engrish.

Spec:
AMD A8-Series APU
a8-5557m APU with Radeon HD 8550g 2.1GHz Up to 3.1GHz 4 cores
8 GB RAM DDR3
1000GB HDD (Planning to buy SSD soon)

Solution
I find a similar issue like mine in this forum what I found out is my laptop could be Thermal throttling is there anyway to fix this thing ?
Diassembly your laptop, clean the dust of you heatsink, repaste the thermal paste. But I would recommend to check your laptop setting first.
Hello I have a problem with my clock speed when in idle it's clocking up to 3.1 GHz but when playing games it down clock to 1.7 GHz to 1.5 GHz I tried everything updating my bios , drivers and maximize performance in power option but the problem still occurring This is so frustrating I should play PUBG Lite at least 60 fps I tried monitoring my temperature 58c while doing nothing 72c if I played games is My laptop itself limiting the performance? PLEEASE HELP!

Sorry for my bad Engrish.

Spec:
AMD A8-Series APU
a8-5557m APU with Radeon HD 8550g 2.1GHz Up to 3.1GHz 4 cores
8 GB RAM DDR3
1000GB HDD (Planning to buy SSD soon)
Since you're using laptop, many thing possibly can caused the issue. It could be overheating, power setting, driver issue, etc.
Try to check you power plan setting first. Make sure they are set as "High Performance".

Reactions: LeeXy41

LeeXy41

Reputable
Jan 10, 2020
Since you're using laptop, many thing possibly can caused the issue. It could be overheating, power setting, driver issue, etc.
Try to check you power plan setting first. Make sure they are set as "High Performance".
I find a similar issue like mine in this forum what I found out is my laptop could be Thermal throttling is there anyway to fix this thing ?