Question My Compaq laptop is stuck on logo ?

Jul 2, 2022
When I try to start my Compaq logo it stays on the go screen. It happens when I try to install a os on to it and it gave me an error on it. it said something like disk 8 was used. Nothing should have been used the only thing running was the laptop and the USB installer. When I try to open things like the bios it stays frozen in the corner saying for example F9...Change boot device order and stay there forever. also when I hold ESC when it's on the screen or any other f key it makes it so when I type on my keyboard It makes a beeping noise. My computer is a Compaq presario CQ56

When I try to start my Compaq logo it stays on the go screen. It happens when I try to install a os on to it and it gave me an error on it. it said something like disk 8 was used. Nothing should have been used the only thing running was the laptop and the USB installer. When I try to open things like the bios it stays frozen in the corner saying for example F9...Change boot device order and stay there forever. also when I hold ESC when it's on the screen or any other f key it makes it so when I type on my keyboard It makes a beeping noise. My computer is a Compaq presario CQ56
Remove the USB and replace the hdd the drive failed and needs to be replaced, would recommend a ssd

Reactions: CompuGuy71
Jul 2, 2022
What preceded the OS installation; why was one being done? The more of the story we know, the more likely someone will have the answer.
So my computer had chrome os flex on it but I didn't like it so I installed Zorin os lite on my USB. Like a few hours after that i turned and plugged in my computer and used the try first then I opened the installer and proceed with the instructions and then the error came up just after I pressed install.