Question My computer abnormally freezes after 15 minutes (HELP)

Sep 30, 2020
Note: English is not my first language

This is the weirdest thing, and i can't seem to find an answer for it.. please help

My computer freezes after 15 minutes of gameplay and needs a force reboot, after that,- it works perfectly fine until the very next day, and then this happens again.

I've recently upgraded my RAM to 3600mhz 32gb 4 sticks (Corsair vengeance pro rgb) and did overclock it. I ran into some trouble here, so I decided to put everything in my BIOS to default, and just change my profile to "XMP profile 1". This has not fixed the issue.

After the reboot, everything is stable and working fine- and i can't wrap my head around this..

I've updated my drivers for keyboard, mouse, gpu etc. etc.

Thanks in advance!

Im running: (4 year old PC, no issues before)
Windows 10
Asus Maximus Viii Hero
Intel i5-6600k
Corsair vengeance pro 36gb 3600mhz
Corsair H110i cooler
Asus Strix OC GTX 1070
850W 80plus gold PSU

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Did you manually input the timings, frequency and voltage in BIOS when you swapped the new rams in?

Which BIOS version are you currently on? Which version of Windows 10 are you on? 850W is the wattage and 80plus Gold is the 80plus efficiency rating, what is the make and model of the PSU and it's age?

Reactions: Weskii
Sep 30, 2020
Did you manually input the timings, frequency and voltage in BIOS when you swapped the new rams in?

Which BIOS version are you currently on? Which version of Windows 10 are you on? 850W is the wattage and 80plus Gold is the 80plus efficiency rating, what is the make and model of the PSU and it's age?

No, I just installed It and entered the BIOS to make sure everything was set correctly (volt, speed, timing) and did not change anything. I have the latest BIOS version and latest windows 10. My PSU is a EVGA G.2 supernova (3 years old).

I think I figured out the problem though.. When I put it back to default the first time (after the horrible and greedy overclocking) I think my CPU got stuck at the settings for not syncing all the cores, and therfore It loaded the first core too much and froze... I've tripple checked my default settings now, lowerd my RAM to 3200mhz and set the profile to XMP and nothing else, and It's stable and working fine... for now...

Im afraid It will happen again, so Im curious to the excact problem- If you could confirm my theory, or have another theory yourself, please let me know!

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS