Question My computer became super slow after a crash

Danioyy

Reputable
Dec 1, 2016
So I was playing ark and I have sometimes that my pc crashes because my cpu overheats so i have to turn on the ac cause it’s really hot in my room. My pc crashed today and it’s super slow. It takes at least 5 minutes for my pc to be responsive so I can enter my password my cursor is lagging and once I move my mouse a bit the cursor lags and goes from part of the screen to the other side. When I finally enter my password my pc lags half the time and I can’t open google chrome and it takes ages to open up steam, discord and etc. I checked my cpu, ram and hdd and ssd on task manager and they seem to be fine. But task manager also lags and takes a while to open. What could be the issue because if it’s pc parts I won’t be able to pay for it because my dad is in the hospital for corona and I don’t have the fundings and gaming is the only thing that’s getting me past my days

Danioyy

Reputable
Dec 1, 2016
check cpu temp?
you have both hdd and ssd? check their health?
I cannot past the welcome screen now, it’s just an endless loop of welcome, I changed my thermal paste, so cpu should be fine. I don’t know how to check my hdd and ssd health without getting into the pc now

Danioyy

Reputable
Dec 1, 2016
remove hdd from system try to boot and list all parts in system .
When I remove my HDD it goes to the menu saying there is no device to boot to, but I have my operating system and all my data on my SSD. When I remove my SSD it tells me my computer needs to be repaired and gives me an error code

Danioyy

Reputable
Dec 1, 2016
Okay update on the pc, so my gets taken into Windows recovery environment I have to click on troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, then press F8 to disable early launch anti malware protection for it to work somewhat smoothly

if I use the “chkdsk” command on command prompt, it tells me errors found