Question My computer beeps 3 times when i start up a game

Jun 4, 2019
stick with 1 thread. don't spam the forum
So i decided to undervolt my gpu and i did it worked just fine but after some time i started hearing beeps when i start up a game the game runs at 60 fps but it lags and i cant undervolt my gpu anymore.. I have an rx 580 8gb oc

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Beeps are motherboard related status/error codes.

The motherboard's User Manual/Guide should explain the beeps.

Listen carefully to the beep pattern. Likely a series of long and/or short beeps.

Post that information as well.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Jun 4, 2019

Listen carefully to the beep pattern. Likely a series of long and/or short beeps.

its three short beeps i have an h310 its new i threw away the manual so what should i do?

Jun 4, 2019

btw
Windows 10 Pro
Intel core i5-8400
8gb ddr4 ram
h310 mb
RX 580 8gb OC

I think 3 beeps might be related to a bad memory (Base 64K memory failure ). A memory failure might have occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC could be probably bad. Mostly system RAM causes this, IMO, though I'm not certain. Make sure the clamp at the end of the ram slot is out, press the ram stick in until it clicks. Do not manually press in the clamp until you hear the click.

Also, try to clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default. 3 long beeps is usually the motherboard not detecting ram... Try to remove and reseat RAM modules to see if that helps..

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019
I think 3 beeps might be related to a bad memory (Base 64K memory failure ). A memory failure might have occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC could be probably bad. Mostly system RAM causes this, IMO, though I'm not certain. Make sure the clamp at the end of the ram slot is out, press the ram stick in until it clicks. Do not manually press in the clamp until you hear the click.

Also, try to clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default. 3 long beeps is usually the motherboard not detecting ram... Try to remove and reseat RAM modules to see if that helps..
i think i have a problem with my RAM disk but i have no clue what that is any help?

Jun 4, 2019

it was the damn driver update for my gpu that messed it up i downgraded and now its fine never updating drives again