[SOLVED] My Computer Boots Up and can even hear the windows login sound but no display in monitor

Magnus_Vale

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
The title says it all,

The GPU is GT430(i know it's a [censored] gpu 3rd world country heh)
fan is spinning and even boot in windows but no display
tried it with my integrated graphics(a4-3400) it works perfectly

Is the gpu busted?

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Seems like you have set iGPU as primary video device (or IGFX or whatever it is called in BIOS of your motherboard)!
Enter BIOS, go to advanced options and set "PCIE" (or "PEG") as primary.
Finally, connect a cable from the monitor to your GT430.

Reactions: Magnus_Vale

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
No probably the one stick is busted or u didnt reseat correct try in the first slot one stick at a time. I am guessing u have 8 gb.Since we know that one stick is good the other one is either busted or u didnt reseat it correct or the ram slot is busted.

Magnus_Vale

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
No probably the one stick is busted or u didnt reseat correct try in the first slot one stick at a time. I am guessing u have 8 gb.Since we know that one stick is good the other one is either busted or u didnt reseat it correct or the ram slot is busted.
2 sticks work for my igpu thou, it only happened when i put the gpu

Magnus_Vale

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
Try a different slot and if that dont work u might need a bios update. Also did u download ur gpu drivers?
yup, immediately after i booted it up downloaded the drivers, shutdown, put the other stick of ram then this happen and when it miraculously read the other sticks the computer wont boot.

Magnus_Vale

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
Try a different slot and if that dont work u might need a bios update. Also did u download ur gpu drivers?
already updated the bios ASUS F1A55-M LK R2.0 Bios 5602(Latest)

Edit: it might be the chipset driver, does amd chipset driver works with nvidia gpu? sorry if im asking too much~

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
Reactions: Magnus_Vale
Solution