[SOLVED] My computer BSOD'S but only when I'm not playing a game

nozzwercz

Prominent
Jun 24, 2020
My computer constantly crashes out of low intesnsity programs like discord and google chrome, and will bluescreen very often as well while only running programs/games of similar low resource usage. It will almost never crash while mid game in anything as intensive as valorant or more, and will often crash on main menus of games just after loading is finished.

My temporary solution which has seemed to stop all crashes completely as long as it is maintained is to have Borderlands 3 open in the background, in borderless windowed mode and staring at the floor in game with the escape menu open. Browsing the web and playing games while screen sharing them with this open seems to work pretty much flawlessly despite the obvious lag, and I'd really like to have that chunk of system resources no longer held hostage. Specs and reliability monitors crash details below.

Please help. :)

SPECS:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor
MOBO: MSI B450 TOMOHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2x8GB)
GPU: GTX 1660TI
SSD: WD BLUE 3D NAND M.2 2280 500GB
PSU: EVGA 500W 100-W1-0500
HDD: SEAGATE 500GB, WD BLUE 500GB, WD BLUE 1TB

Reliability Monitor hardware failure technical details: (somewhat old as my temporary fix is actually working, and I can provide more through whocrashed or whatever else if desired)
Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎2021-‎09-‎05 1:40 PM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 3003
Parameter 2: ffffd083c64876b0
Parameter 3: 40010000
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19043
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 4105

Solution
My computer constantly crashes out of low intesnsity programs like discord and google chrome, and will bluescreen very often as well while only running programs/games of similar low resource usage. It will almost never crash while mid game in anything as intensive as valorant or more, and will often crash on main menus of games just after loading is finished.

My temporary solution which has seemed to stop all crashes completely as long as it is maintained is to have Borderlands 3 open in the background, in borderless windowed mode and staring at the floor in game with the escape menu open. Browsing the web and playing games while screen sharing them with this open seems to work pretty much flawlessly despite the obvious lag, and...

My temporary solution which has seemed to stop all crashes completely as long as it is maintained is to have Borderlands 3 open in the background, in borderless windowed mode and staring at the floor in game with the escape menu open. Browsing the web and playing games while screen sharing them with this open seems to work pretty much flawlessly despite the obvious lag, and I'd really like to have that chunk of system resources no longer held hostage. Specs and reliability monitors crash details below.

Please help. :)

SPECS:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor
MOBO: MSI B450 TOMOHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2x8GB)
GPU: GTX 1660TI
SSD: WD BLUE 3D NAND M.2 2280 500GB
PSU: EVGA 500W 100-W1-0500
HDD: SEAGATE 500GB, WD BLUE 500GB, WD BLUE 1TB

Reliability Monitor hardware failure technical details: (somewhat old as my temporary fix is actually working, and I can provide more through whocrashed or whatever else if desired)
Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎2021-‎09-‎05 1:40 PM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 3003
Parameter 2: ffffd083c64876b0
Parameter 3: 40010000
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19043
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 4105
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, then connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution

nozzwercz

Prominent
Jun 24, 2020
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, then connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
I just finsished all steps as listed and in order, I'm going to test now and will reply again if nothing crashes/bsods without BL3 open (lol) after about a day or so, and thank you very much for your help!

Reactions: Koekieezz