Question My computer cannot connect to a specific network ?

Aug 18, 2022
Hi there, My computer (Windows 10) shows a wide list of other networks and is able to connect to my portable wifi, but is unable to connect to the main modem, but every other device is able to connect to the main wifi. I have a portable network adapter as a USB in my computer (TPLINK wireless USB adapter if that changes anything). As well as this, my computer was connecting to it fine just yesterday, but it’s like overnight something went wrong and now it won’t connect to just this one network. I’ve tried a network reset, modem reset, computer reset, adapter reset, and I still can’t figure out what the problem is, help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Ralston18

Titan
Explain:

"but it’s like overnight something went wrong and now it won’t connect to just this one network. "

Do you truly mean "network" or do you mean some particular "website".

More information is needed.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection - it appears that you are using wireless so ensure that any wired network adapters on your computer are disabled.

Make and model information for modem and router?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

The router's logs if available and enabled may provide some clue. Who has full admin access to the router? You will need help from that person.

Reactions: cristianoronaldo54
Aug 18, 2022
Explain:

"but it’s like overnight something went wrong and now it won’t connect to just this one network. "

Do you truly mean "network" or do you mean some particular "website".

More information is needed.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection - it appears that you are using wireless so ensure that any wired network adapters on your computer are disabled.

Make and model information for modem and router?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

The router's logs if available and enabled may provide some clue. Who has full admin access to the router? You will need help from that person.
Thank you for your help, there was an issue with my TPlink USB adapter.
Order a new one it worked like a charm

TRENDING THREADS