my computer cant 'boot' when its sleeping/stand by

bigje99

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014
when i leave my computer for 20 or more minutes, it goes into standby/sleep (both screen become black and it my session is log out). std

and now like 3 out of 4 time, when i come back and i move the mouse, instead of going to the screen where i type my password for my session, the screen stays black. (but something happens, the mouse trigger what it should trigger... the two screens reopen or something).

only thing to do is to close computer with the button, and then restart it, but it goes to the page where it says you didnt close your computer in a good way, how do you want to start it (then you press enter to open windows normally).

i have two questions

how do i fix it?
how bad is this last page exactly ? (how bad is it to not close your computer the good way... like i know its not recommanded but was curious to know how bat it is)

Reyaz123

Admirable
When the computer is in sleep mode, you can wake it up by pressing enter on the keyboard it should take about 30 secs max to turn back on. If you dont see any power to the computer (power button light is off) it is in hibernate mode and it requires you to turn on the pc again