Question My computer crash and reboot by itself

Jun 8, 2020
Hi everybody. Yesterday i got a problem with the white vga light on my motherboard, but i installed a chipset update(AMD Ryzen x570) and it worked for i think 10 minuts.
Now my computer is just crashing all the time, sometimes before windows, sometimes after 5 secs that i startes the computer. Can someone help me? Please!

Rtx 2080 super oc
Strix x570 e-gaming
Ryzen 9 3900x
Nzxt h510 case
Psu Rog 650w
Corsair 16gb (2x8) 3200hz
Aio kraken x63
1 NVME and 1 SSD Samsung
White modded sleeves

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hi everybody. Yesterday i got a problem with the white vga light on my motherboard, but i installed a chipset update(AMD Ryzen x570) and it worked for i think 10 minuts.
Now my computer is just crashing all the time, sometimes before windows, sometimes after 5 secs that i startes the computer. Can someone help me? Please!

Rtx 2080 super oc
Strix x570 e-gaming
Ryzen 9 3900x
Nzxt h510 case
Psu Rog 650w
Corsair 16gb (2x8) 3200hz
Aio kraken x63
1 NVME and 1 SSD Samsung
White modded sleeves
I think your CPU may be overheating? When your system recognizes your CPU at a critical temperature it reboots or shuts down. Did you apply a correct amount of thermal paste/is your cooler mounted correctly?

I've also heard in rare cases the PC reset key/button is broken. Disconnect that and try.

If those don't work I would recommend stripping the pc down to minimum bare boot requirements and building on from there. Recently I built a system that boot looped because of a short, I used the wrong motherboard standoff pin. So just the motherboard, cpu, cooler, gpu, and powersupply with a single stick of ram. It could also be your ram, try using 1 stick, if it doesn't work try another (Unlikely considering you get to windows/bios sometimes). How is the integrity of your PSU? New? Used? Resetting cmos could also work for you. It resents everything on the board to default settings. Find the coinlike-battery looking thing on your board, take it out and let it sit for a good minute, put it back and boot.

Jun 8, 2020
My cpu ist going between 40-50grade, gpu too. My psu ist new, everything on my computer is new. My cooler is mounted correctly, i can use nzxt cam (when luckly my pc goes on) and the app schows me everything about temperature. My computer dont have a reset button, only power button and 2x usb port.

Jun 8, 2020
:(I’m disperated, i dont know what to do.. sometimes i’m stock in bios, sometimes i get the blue screen of windows, sometimes windows starts, but when i type my code the system crash again.. I really dont understand, the computer worked for 3 days without problems, then i got the white light vga on my motherboard, thougt istalling chipset update will be fine. The white led was gone, but now i’m stock in to a infinity loop

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
:(I’m disperated, i dont know what to do.. sometimes i’m stock in bios, sometimes i get the blue screen of windows, sometimes windows starts, but when i type my code the system crash again.. I really dont understand, the computer worked for 3 days without problems, then i got the white light vga on my motherboard, thougt istalling chipset update will be fine. The white led was gone, but now i’m stock in to a infinity loop
Try with a different hard drive. If you have a spare lying around or a different bot medium, use that. I'm beginning to thing it may be a software side issue. Perhaps the recent windows update killed your PC. For me the update corrupted my boot config.

Jun 8, 2020
I have a 1tb ssd on mu computer too, it’s still empty. Should i fromat the nvme and install again windows on the ssd? I actually tried to re-install windows and turn native settings on the bios, but still restar everytime..

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
I have a 1tb ssd on mu computer too, it’s still empty. Should i fromat the nvme and install again windows on the ssd? I actually tried to re-install windows and turn native settings on the bios, but still restar everytime..
No if the issue persists when not in windows then it's hardware, Dont reset windows. I think your PSU may be too weak for your system.

Try flashing your motherboard with a working version of their software. Go to the manufacturer's site and find a stable version. You said this issue happened after you updated your board correct? This could be the fix. Have you tried resetting CMOS yet?

Jun 8, 2020
No if the issue persists when not in windows then it's hardware, Dont reset windows. I think your PSU may be too weak for your system.

Try flashing your motherboard with a working version of their software. Go to the manufacturer's site and find a stable version. You said this issue happened after you updated your board correct? This could be the fix. Have you tried resetting CMOS yet?
I only updated the chipset, and yes after the chipset update i got this problem.. i will try to reset the CMOS

Jun 8, 2020
i dont know what i did, but i set some options in the bios and i connected the computer to my monitor with hdmi, not dp. now seems working, but i still have anxiety and i dont wnato play with max 60hz on a monitor that can 165hz and i paid 800euro.. i just dont want that my computer crash anymore. now that i'am in windows and everything works, how can i check if something is wrong or defected?