My computer crashes after i install the graphics driver

jamy87

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
i have sony vaio vgn fe41e
graphics card : nvidia geforce go 7400 GPU
i install win7 on my computer and now when i try to install the driver for the nvidia my computer crashes with a black screen than i have to go to the safe mode and roll back the driver to the vga standard ... please any help ..

flabbergasted

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
When I installed windows7 on my PC the driver for my Geforce 7600gt was automatically installed. When I updated the driver, I had to go to Nvidia's web site and download it. After downloading it I opened the driver into its own folder. Then I went to Device Manager and updated the driver manually.

jamy87

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
but on my computer its a different bcoz my driver wasn-t installed automatically and now i cannot install the driver of the nvidio neither update it ... every time i try my computer crashes and the black screen blcok it to boot ..

jamy87

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
Yes I tried but when I reboot my computer I get a black screen that blocks all .. and i waited 20 minutes but nothing happened .. then I went back to safe mode and I have to roll back the driver and then I rebooted the computer and it worked normallly ( without the nvidia ge force driver :( )
PLZ ANY HELP ...

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
To eliminate any possibility of incorrect/ faulty driver have you tried from device manager, doing an update driver and letting it connect to the internet and automatically download the driver from the Microsoft site?