My computer crashes and shuts down randomly

kennycai000

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018
Whenever I try to load a map in a game, my computer will crash and shut down like the power went out or something. The game doesn't crash, my computer doesn't freeze, it just shuts down and then restarts seconds later. I even tried to do a NovaBenchmark test to see what's wrong, and my computer crashes right when it starts testing my graphics card. I've had this computer for about two and a half years now, I built it around October of 2015 and this problem started happening when I let my computer sleep. Literally the first time I let my computer sleep, and I turn it back on, this problem started occurring. This problem has been happening for a long time now.

These are my specs:
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
ASRock H97 Anniversary (CPUSocket)
8192MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 Series (MSI)
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA)
WINDOWS 10
Power Supply has 650Watts

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kennycai000 : "My computer crashes and shuts down randomly"

kennycai000

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018

What power supply should I replace? I feel like it' sthe PSU too but I wouldn't know how to replace it either because I didn't build my PC

kennycai000

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018

I haven't found a benchmark program that only tests the CPU, but the program that I used to test showed me what they were testing one by one. So first it was the CPU and then the memory and hard drive and so on, but when it got to the GPU, that's when it crashes my computer.

kennycai000

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018

I know where the PSU is but I don't know what PSU to replace with the one I have right now. It's not like the watts I have currently aren't enough for my computer... So I just don't know what to do.

kennycai000

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018

Wait so what does that mean? I don't get it. Does it mean that my GPU is not really the problem here then?

It means if you manage to run the CPU hot and let it stay that way for a while, you can rule out CPU. It doesn't work the other way around.

kennycai000

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018

So what should I do from here?