My computer crashes when downloading

Androkiller

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
my computer crashes when downloading, the display will freeze and any sound that will be playing will be distorted. the only way to fix it is to hard restart, i must not have any other programs running if i want to download something without crashing.
i had the same type of crashing occurring before with my graphics card however the computer would resolve itself after some time and windows would pop up and say graphical crash an what not, however that got fixed due to the gpu was overheating and installed msi afterburner to fix it. then 3 months later these new crashes happened when downloading so i dont know what is causing the problem.

cpu: intel i5 660 3.33ghz
gpu: Gainward GeForce® GTS 450 1024MB "GS-GLH"
ram: Corsair XMS 3 6GB(3x2GB) DDR3 1333Mhz
MB: gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache
network card: d-link Xtreme N Desktop PCI Adapter DWA-552
psu: antec 750w
cd drive: Sony 24x DVD-RW SATA

Androkiller

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013

i have been troubleshooting i have taken out ram tested different ram as well, i have ran memtest and prime95 however i would like to test my network card but dont know how and if i remove it then i will not be able to check if the computer crashes due to i have no access to a ethernet port. i cant by that software that you recommend i a a student on a tight budget but i can do what that software does manually. with the registry i use ccleaner and use the registry feature on that so i think i have that covered

Androkiller

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
well i still cant find out what the problem is so going to have to do a fresh install

before i do this anyone know of a program that can test your network card

Androkiller

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
I solved the problem

it ended up to be something wrong with the network adapter drivers so installed the latest ones and now works like a charm