My computer crashes when I load a game?

ragingazn628

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
I think this is a graphics card problem... Can someone please help me fix it?

my computer specs are:

P4 3.2Ghz
AIW 9600XT
1gig ram
2 x 160 HD raid 0

and no I don't do any overclocking...When I try to run World of Warcraft the moment when I logged on to my character my computer resets itself as if you were to press the reset button. When I turn on Warcraft 3 TFT it does it same thing. Now I think I have a lead on this problem. When I go to device manager I see "ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver" with a exclamation point "!". In properties of the driver in Device Status I see this:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

How can I fix this problem?

Therre could be lots of reasons for this. First comes to0 mind is your psu. Can it handle your rig at full load? Second is what games? Are they patched? What OS? Vista has problems sometimes. We need your rigs specs, including psu and what games you play to really help you

Leifer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
We need your rigs specs, including psu and what games you play to really help you

QFT.

Make sure every game is up-to-date, your system is capable of running this/these game, and the latest drivers are installed for your GPU. If you still have issues after basic troubleshooting, attach some specs and a further description of the crash (ie does the game even load partially, or is it an instantaneous crash as soon as you double-click?) and we'll help you out. Good luck.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Try uninstalling your graphics drivers,reboot into safe mode,re-install graphics drivers while in safe mode.Reboot normally,and you might be good to go.Hope this helps.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2 5600+ @ 2.8ghz(stock)
M2N32-SLI DELUXE MB
2 GIGS DDR2 800 RAM
THERMALTAKE 850WATT PSU
7950GT KO(WAITING FOR MY OTHER TO COME BACK FROM RMA)
ACER 22IN. LCD
SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
80GIG/250gig SATA2 HD's
XP MCE

ragingazn628

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
I am sorry I was in a rush

my computer specs are:

P4 3.2Ghz
AIW 9600XT
1gig ram
2 x 160 HD raid 0

and no I don't do any overclocking...When I try to run World of Warcraft the moment when I logged on to my character my computer resets itself as if you were to press the reset button. When I turn on Warcraft 3 TFT it does it same thing. Now I think I have a lead on this problem. When I go to device manager I see "ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver" with a exclamation point "!". In properties of the driver in Device Status I see this:

Leifer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
I am sorry I was in a rush

my computer specs are:

P4 3.2Ghz
AIW 9600XT
1gig ram
2 x 160 HD raid 0

Are the latest graphics drivers installed for your graphics card? If there's a problem with the device loading, it'll probably be a driver issue.

Techfan

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Download the latest driver for your graphics card. Then uninstall the old driver and install the new one. If still doesn't work reinstall your OS and put the drivers afterwards. If you still have problems with your games your graphics card needs replacement.

morerevs

Distinguished
May 19, 2007
I see you have an All In Wonder. Did you download the correct drivers for it. There are different sets of drivers for Radeons and All In Wonders. For the A.I.W's they include software for additional functionality I believe, which might solve the T200 issue. Make sure you've installed the complete driver package including WDM drivers or try a previous driver version but make sure you completely uninstall old drivers before updating.

GL.

Leifer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
AIW drivers are different than Radeon drivers. Download separate drivers, install, then uninstall your old ones, and reboot your computer. If it still doesn't work, contact tech support. There's not much that we can diagnose past drivers, unless you give us a specific error. But since it's a crash, we can't really do anything either. Just make sure your graphics drivers are correct, up to date, and nothing is customized to the setting where games can't handle it (for example AA/AF for some games)