[SOLVED] my computer didn't show up in component services

tonywong2015

Honorable
Sep 14, 2018
Im trying to access to my computer properties and disable DistributedCOM because is crashing my windows, but didn't show up in the menu, only a pc with a red arrow in the left:

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Colif

Win 11 Master
You will get an error if you try to interact with the folders below that lvl - I just did.
if you click on the > next to the My Computer in far right column you get 3 more folders
  • COM+ Applications - error if you click it
  • DCOM Config
  • Distributed Transactions Coordinator, you can access this but I wouldn't unless you know what you doing, and it asks a question I wasn't sure of answer for. and its yes/no with no option to not answer.

You sure DCOM crashing PC? Almost every Win 10 pc on earth has DCOM errors in event viewer, I never seen it actually cause crashes though.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution